Has anyone ever heard of eating peanut butter sandwiches with chili?

I saw that a similar question was asked by Dan0207, and everyone said no...but 2 people I work with were discussing it yesterday. Both saying that they ate their chili that way, becasue of the school lunches that were served.

They come from 2 totally different age groups, races, and socio-economic backgrounds. Plus one was born in Missouri the other in Illinois, hence different school districts..

Can someone else please confirm this odd eating combo.

• mari B
    Best Answer

Yes, I have heard of this. My husband's family is from the Midwest and all of his family both maternal and paternal do this. I am from So. California and never saw chili ate this way, before moving to the Midwest 10 years ago. My kids love it but I have never actually wanted to try it.

• Michael1 year agoReport

I live in Norcal now from Ohio and we ate peanut butter sandwich with chili all the time. So I was just eating some chili and my lady had some peanut butter pretzels, I said i bet that be good with this chili. She looked at me in horror. I was like what? She thinks I a lying lol

Peanut butter sandwiches with chili is an awesome combination. Don t turn your nose up to something you haven t even tried.

Being from Ohio, this is somewhat of a staple in the households that we and our friends grew up in. We were served chili this way when I attended elementary school, and it just kind of "stuck" with me (no pun intended) over the years. It s something my Mom never had, even though she was an tutor at the same school my brothers and I attended. One day, I got her to try it. Needless to say, she was hooked after that initial taste. There s just something about the combination which really just tastes so darn good. It s like the Buckeyes we make ... or goetta cheese.

I live in Indiana and I always thought everyone did this. I actually dip my peanut butter sandwich in the chili. Yum yum.

the only thank you to consume chili is to dip peanut butter AND jelly sandwiches in it! needless to say the chili has NO BEANS in it provided that beans are gross and the chili is greater soupy than thick. that's a midwestern element.

I have heard of peanut butter and chili on chicken but not on a sandwich.

That's odd, at least to me.

I normally eat chili with grilled cheese sandwiches though.

never heard of chili with peanut butter sandwiches but I did grow up eating peanut butter bread with spaghetti I'm not sure where that came from but my my dad is polish.....hmmmm

my whole family eats their chili this way.

I couldnt eat a bowl of chili without some peanut butter bread

yes, my family has been eating peanut butter sandwichs with our chili since I was a little girl.....and sometimes we even put grape jelly and milk in it....(the chili)