A great potential babysitter has Atopic dermatitis on her hands? Is it safe to have her babysit my 8month old?

I ask the same question and got 3 answer. I chose the best one of the 3 but I didn't know it was going to close the question. So I just did a new one.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

She will be fine as long as she doesn,t ram her fist down the babies throat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, it is quite safe for your babysitter to take care of your baby. Atopic dermatitis is another word for excema and basically, that is caused by an allergic reaction - on her hands it could be an allergy to washing up liquid etc.

It is not contagious. It runs in families due to the allergy factor.

You can read up about in at the link below...

• D J
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Atopic dermatitis is NOT contagious. I'll admit it looks bad, but you don't have to worry about it spreading to you or your child.

If you see great potential in this person to care for your child, go for it. It's so hard to find just the right one.

Source(s): googled it!
  • 1 decade ago

Eczema, also known as atopic dermatitis, is not transferable. The only time I would consider it a problem is if she were using A LOT of steroid creme on her hands.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Absolutely it is okay. My toddler has excema, and I bathe her, change her, feed her, dress her--I don't have it. It isn't contagious. However, she shouldn't be touching your baby if she has put steroid creams on it. I have to use those on my daughter, and am suppose to wash my hands after applying it. Other than that, if she is a great potentil-go for it!

• 1 decade ago

Dermatitis is not contagious.

• 1 decade ago

She'd probably have to apply some ointments (e.g. especially cortizone) on her hands which might end up on your baby's eyes, hands, mouth, food, etc. Find out.

• Erika
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It is not contagious. Your baby will be fine.

• 1 decade ago

it's not contagious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.