Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

SEC vs. PAC 10? you decide?

LSU v USC

FLORIDA v CAL

GEORGIA v UCLA

Auburn V ORGEON

ARKANSAS V ARIZONZ ST

ALABAMA V WASHINGTON

TENNESSEE V OREGON ST

S CAROLINA V ARIZONA

KENTUCKY v WASHINGTON ST

VANDY V STANFORD

great job prognosticating austin n

don't quit your day job

and Austin N i just posed the question i did not give my opinion either way

whats wrong you got an inferiority complex napolean

marco panda you nerd

ole miss or miss st vandy makes no difference v stanford

and marco panda

and austin n

i know not all USC fans are as crass as you too narrow minded individuals

but you 2 are the only ones throwing insults at me for this question

to me that shows the kind of character you 2 both have.

you have the right to say whatever you want, i always say give a fool enough rope and he will hang himself

Favorite Answer

Nice question... I remember when they compared the SEC to the Big 10 during the SEC Championship game. I was gonna respond with my own, but I really just agree with everything "pip" wrote. When you look at it like this, you realize the caliber of competition between the two conferences. It really isn't very close. There are a lot of sub-par PAC-10 teams (pretty much Arizona St. through Stanford) and only a couple sub-par SEC teams (really just Ole Miss and Mississippi State who aren't listed). All of the SEC teams listed have been pretty good in previous years. Even Vandy and Kentucky have been pretty good, it's just that the other SEC teams have been better than them, if that makes sense. I know it seems biased to give the SEC the advantage in every game, but top to bottom like this, I think they really do win every game. The only questions are the LSU and Florida games because USC and Cal are really the only great teams in the PAC-10. I would have faith and would pick both SEC teams to win though in close battles.

I guess I could say it like this:

SEC: 8

PAC-10: 0

PUSH: 2

EDIT:

Apparently, tonydgr8 doesn't understand that the teams are matched up more or less by rank to their respective conferences and then pitted against the other conference. Oh well. Care about it.

No because there are some years, like last year where the SEC champ is clearly not one of the top two teams. When Texas beat USC, those were clearly the best in the nation. A playoff should be introduced where every conference Big-10, Big-12, Pac-10, SEC, ACC, etc. get one automatic bid and the remainder of the tournament is at large. I am talking about one similar to that in Div II or Div III football. That would be the most fair way to determine a national champ.

I would have to go with USC, Florida, UCLA, Oregon is tough but I think Auburn would take that game, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, S Carolina, Washington St., Stanford. So thats SEC 6-PAC 10 4

I'm not going to ask you why you didn't match up Tennessee-Cal or USC-Arkansas because I'd get some pitiful excuse. As for the games you do have up there, the funny thing is the best game would be between Vanderbilt and Stanford. Florida,LSU,Auburn,Tennessee, and Alabama will all lose this weekend.

GO HOKIES!!

Of course I know that LSU will beat USC!!!

I truly believe that we need a playoff system for NCAA football. It is the only way to let the best win fairly.

Public opinion and gay people from California should not decide who will compete for the title every year.

Look at Auburn...continually left out of the title game three times in the last decade when they deserved a title shot!

FYI- I fricken HATE Auburn. But at least they earn their rankings.

• pip

lsu/usc hard to call.. I'll go with homefield advantage for which ever team has it

florida/cal florida... unless cal's d gets a lot better during the season

georgia/ucla georgia.. but not by a lot

auburn/oregon auburn

arkansas/arizona st. arkansas

alabama/ washington alabama

tenn/oregon st. tenn

south car./arizona south carolina

Kentucky/wahsington kentucky

vandy/ stanford vandy

I think USC wins the first, Cal wins the second, UCLA wins the third, Oregon wins over Auburn, Arkansas beats the living snot outta ASU, Bama beats Washington in a barn burner, Tenn pummels OSU, the bottom three??? Who cares?! So, overall, I would say the PAC-10 is the winner here.

LSU, FLA, GA, Auburn, Arkansas, BAMA, Tenn, S Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy. USC could beat LSU, but the SEC is the best top to bottom.

only game i really see pac-10 have an edge on is the UCLA/georigia game.

LSU/USC game would be a good one. Pac-10 would probably pull a couple of upsets, but i see SEC winning most of them.

Did Kcryadd watch the Oregon state game yesterday?

USC over LSU

CAL over Florida

Georgia over UCLA - Georgia may go all the way

Auburn over Oregon

Razorbacks over ASU

Alabama crushes Washington

Oregon State U over Tenn

Wildcats over 'Cocks

Kentucky over Washington State

Stanford sucks Vandy over Stanford go Jim Harbaugh Stanford will only win if Jim is the quarterback.