How much did your FIRST house cost?

I was talking to a retired couple the other day. They were telling me that their first house cost less than my car!!!! I was flabbergasted!

Best Answer

Well my first house was 5,000 cash and it has 2 acers of land with it.

• Linda

I don't own a house, I have a mobile home, that doesn't count, but my parents bought their house in 1968. Its a 3 bedroom ranch-style home on an acre of land, and it cost them only $20,000. Yep, less then most new cars cost these days. It was recently appraised for $250,000

$16,000. Two story, garage, basement, two fireplaces. four bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room, full kitchen, dining room and a sort of a rec room. And we could barely afford it.

Just out of college and newly married. Oh, we had a basset hound do and could afford him.

My first car was brand new without all the bells and whistles they have now, three speed manual, radio and heater for about $2200. Could hardly afford that either.

$140,000. That was in 1986. That same house right now goes for $750, 000. In Alexandria, VA. Pretty scary!

Bought my first townhome in 2000 and it was $110,000. Sold it 3 years later for $146,000.

• Jelyol

My husband and I bought a house in CA back in 2003. Paid close to $450,000.00. And THAT was a bargain : (

I think it was around 110k. I am in Virginia.

Gave it to my wife, bought a condo for around 130k 5 years later.

• That's inflation for you. I was talking to my grandparents. My wife's student loan debt is more than their first house.

My first house was three and a half. I lost it when I lost my job.

• sorry im only 14

dont have a house now or a car

im only fourteen but i think my parents house was 160. but my grandparents was only 30 and its a nice house too ..... crazy