Do you think your baby's pediatrician actually supports breastfeeding?

Or do they just *say* they do because it's the *right* thing to say? I took my daughter for her 4 month well-baby appt this morning and they had all the parents sit in a class on development at 4 months. They gave the obligatory 90-second "breast is best" speech, then continued on with "bottle... show more Or do they just *say* they do because it's the *right* thing to say? I took my daughter for her 4 month well-baby appt this morning and they had all the parents sit in a class on development at 4 months. They gave the obligatory 90-second "breast is best" speech, then continued on with "bottle this, bottle that" the rest of the time. When the (male) nurse was getting a history on my baby, he INSISTED on me giving him a number of ounces that she consumes a day. I finally told him to make something up because I don't know, and he got rude. They have signs up about breastfeeding everywhere, but they don't seem to support it in their actions. Is this common? I can't really change doctors because we use military healthcare, I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has noticed this...