Encyclopedia Brown!?

Did anyone else ever read these growing up?? They were always some of my favorites... The one about the thumb wrestler, and the stolen violin.. the list goes on and on!

If you read them, what was your favorite?

Best Answer

i remember reading one or two of them years ago; one story that particularly stands out - i remember he solved the mystery because of the direction of the wind. the guilty person had claimed that the note or evidence had blown into the sea, but then encylopedia brown maintained that the direction of the wind at the beach is outgoing and not incoming... or something like that. so the 'thing' whatever it was couldn't have been blown into the sea. It's been over 20 years now and i still remember that.

I loved them. I could never solve the mysteries before Encycopedia did, but I kept trying! I'm trying to get my son to read them now. I can't remember my favorite. It's been way too long.

Oh yes! I remember them well. I can't remember the name of the girl he worked with but I always thought they should date. :-)