What Internet security suites for 2007 are the best for window XP home edition?

I have spent two days trying to look up different security suites. I have tryed CNET and other sites but they are all full of it. The editors always have there favorit picks (who ever pays them the most), but the user reviews are often less than half of what the editors give. For example: I checked Norton 360 on CNET. The editor gives it a score of 8.0 out of a possible 10. The users give it a 4.2 out of 10 with 174 users voting.

I have always used Norton AntiVirus but was never happy with it, and thought now was a good time to change.

Please people I could really use some help. By the way I will also be adding my sons computer, as soon as I get the wireless router connected. Thanks for your help.....Scott

By the way this is the second time I posted the same question. The first time ( last night) closed for some reson, I don't know what I did wrong. Also I am not looking for free programs ect. Thanks again.....Scott