Richard asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

What other running back should I start? Brandon Jackson GB, Warrick Dunn ATL, or Chester Taylor MIN.?

Im starting Reggie Bush as my other RB, but dont know who to start at the other position. Warrick Dunn is coming off back surgerya and is splitting time with Jerious Norwood, Chester Taylor is going to split time with Adrian Peterson, and this is Brandon Jackson's first game starting. So who should I start? who will give me more point this week? Jackson vs Philadelphia DEF, Dunn vs Viking DEF or Taylor vs Atlanta DEF

Favorite Answer

Jackson will get almost all the carries from the backfield so go with him. Teams now seem to go with a dual back set-up...one does the work and the other steals the TD. With Jackson you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Source(s): FanFball lifer!

Well, definitely not Dunn. He's reaching the end of his career, plus the vikings run defense is stellar. So that leaves Jackson and Taylor. Taylor is definitely more established, and if there is anytime to start him it would be in the first few weeks while Adrian Peterson isn't starting yet. However, the Packers really like Brandon Jackson and with Morency coming back very soon, Jackson will be trying his damndest and hardest out there in order to secure his starting role. It's a complete toss up for me.

In the end, I migh have to choose Taylor, just because he is more exeprienced and has been pretty consistent last year. But dont be surprised to see Jackson get some good numbers too against an Eagles defense that allowed Morency 99 yards on the ground last year.

I think Taylor will lose a lot of carries to Peterson.

Jackson is the guy in GB, Morency has a bad knee, so Jackson should get the majority of the carries.

I would start Chester Taylor. Yes he will be splitting with A. Peterson, but Peterson is still learning the offense and in these early games will probably see less carries.

I'd try Brandon Jackson, he will be the starter for week 1.

My 2nd choice would be Norwood. A lot of uncertainties there, but man that guy's got talent.

Taylor is the only number 1 back so Taylor

first of all, you clearly screwed up in teh draft if reggie bush is your number 1 running back and the rest are guys who aer splitting in teh beginnign adn will lsoe thier job in the middle of the season...try pickign a RB first nex time you haeva draft...and start jackson...at least he will get all teh carries, and hes good.

Dunn, he will be getting lots of chances to run because of the fact that ATL has no quarterback with any expirence.

i'd say go with dunn he will be mostly healthy and he will be the leader of a team with a explosive running game

I'd go with Brandon Jackson -- the Yahoo FF 'experts' swear by him (well, at least one of them does).