Can I get a home equity loan or do I have to re-do my mortgage?

I bought my home 4 years ago, and it appraised at $101,000. I bought it through a mortgage company, on a 30 year loan. Now that I can afford to pay a little more I'd like to redo my loan, and add my car payment on with it on a 15 year loan. The problem is that the mortgage company had a stipulation that... show more I bought my home 4 years ago, and it appraised at $101,000. I bought it through a mortgage company, on a 30 year loan. Now that I can afford to pay a little more I'd like to redo my loan, and add my car payment on with it on a 15 year loan. The problem is that the mortgage company had a stipulation that they got to do my 2nd and 3rd mortgage, which they want to charge thousands of dollars in fees to do. Can I go through my local bank and do a home equity loan using my house as collaterol, and pay of the mortgage company?