Harriet Tubman.?

Total points: 237 (Level 1)

Points earned this week:

--% Best answer

Katelyn

S Homework help plz?

I have to read a biography on a person of my choice. I wanted to do Andrea Bocelli but I couldn't find a book on him. So I did Harriet Tubman. And we have to bring in 5 objects that had to do with her life. Or could represent her in some way. I've read the book and I can't think of anything to bring! I've gotten one thing so far. A copy of the Emancipation Proclamation. So please give me some ideas of what to bring! Thank you so much for those who will help me!! :]]

Update:

Btw. This is a book in a bag report.

So keep in mind that the objects have to be small enough to fit in a bag.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My first thought was a flashlight, or lantern. The Underground Railroad was secretive. Much had to be done in the shadows and at night. The light can be used as an object to represent that in some creative ways. I was never very creative with things like that SORRY. Hope that helps some though. Wish I could see it. I'm sure it will be a great report.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

As far as I know, her birthdate has never been accurately verified, as is common for people born in the early years. Births were not properly documented, and records not kept. "Harriet Tubman was born Araminta Ross in Bucktown on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Her birth date has never been verified; estimates range from 1816 to 1823. She died on March 10, 1913, at her home in Auburn, New York. "

• 1 decade ago

Hm check out wikipedia first.

Using that information just off the bat I'd bring in a maple leaf or a print out of the canadian flag as she helped free slaves in canada.

She was a nurse at one point, so you could bring in the nurse symbol from that time.

She was the fifth of nine children. You could bring a playing card with that number.

Just a few ideas.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How about a african knitted blanket or something of that sort. If you can think of a way to bring in music that they would sing such as hymns or something they used to sing that a lot while they worked.. I'm not sure, this is a tough one. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

bring a toy train just for kicks.

bring a picture of the Harriet Tubman home via this site - http://www.nyhistory.com/harriettubman/index.htm

bring a picture of the ship named after her - Liberty Ship Harriet Tubman via this site - http://www.nyhistory.com/harriettubman/uss1.jpg

bring a portrait/figurine of moses as she was called "moses" by the people she helped to escape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

bring a pix of her... and read about her life to get more ideaS!

best of luck.my wishes to ya!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.