Im buying a 42" 1080p HDTV that supports PC input @ XVGA Resolution, Can I have Full HD resolution from my PC?

Basically instead of using the TVs native XVGA resolution is it possible to use a DVI to HDMI converter and have the TV display my PCs output mapped 1:1 at the full 1920x1080 resolution? It might not sound important but im constantly using apps like Photoshop etc that are seriously impeded by a lower... show more Basically instead of using the TVs native XVGA resolution is it possible to use a DVI to HDMI converter and have the TV display my PCs output mapped 1:1 at the full 1920x1080 resolution?

It might not sound important but im constantly using apps like Photoshop etc that are seriously impeded by a lower resolution.

Is it possible and what do I need? Its a flipping pathetic waste top have a screen of this ability and not be able to use it to the full effect from my PC source.

The TV in question is a Toshiba 42X3030D, which seems to be the best value 42" I can find at the moment.
Update: TV TECH Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately the card im using only supports DVI, if im upgrading ill be sure to make sure the card supports HDMI as standard. Right must run off and check if any of the new DX10 cards support HDMI as standard. It could be next year before I can upgrade though, any ideas... show more TV TECH Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately the card im using only supports DVI, if im upgrading ill be sure to make sure the card supports HDMI as standard.

Right must run off and check if any of the new DX10 cards support HDMI as standard.

It could be next year before I can upgrade though, any ideas as to a workaround for the coming months?
Update 2: Fairly sure the output is digital, many thanks for your replys!

Ill have a stab at this workaround then until ive a proper upgrade in order.

Seriously pleased with the quick reply, consider yourself on my Christmas card list, mentally as least!!
1 answer 1