What are your comments on St. Francis Hospital in Delaware?

I just received a new doctor to deliver my baby, but she only delivers in St. Francis. However, I never been a patient there, so I don't know how their service will be compared to Christiana Hospital. Has anyone ever delivered there recently?

Favorite Answer

Did you ask if you could get another Dr. at Christiana? Most hospitals try to keep their patients. Also, most OB/GYNs are in a group practice. Why didn't someone in the group take you on as a new PT?Are you high Risk?

From what I have read on blogs from other mothers who delivered at St. Francis, they have an excellent L & D dept and they are very nice to new mothers/fathers and family? They do allow the baby to room-in with you.

• alikat

First of all, hospitals are not like restaurants with waiters who deliver "service". I am a nurse, and I find that somewhat offensive. We all try our hardest to make sure that the "patients" are comfy and safe.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about which hospital you deliver at. Most hospitals have a really nice L & D unit. Many are nicer than the rest of the hospital. The only thing that would concern me is that they let you room in with your baby. Call them and ask.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry about it. You are going to be so into your little one you won't have time to notice "the service".