John S
John S asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If Arafat invented "Palestine"?

Which is a claim I often hear, what was with the whole British Mandate of PALESTINE thing after the collapse of the Ottoman empire? Surely the brits should've known that if Palestine never existed it would be a silly name indeed to randomly assign one of their mandates to...

Favorite Answer

Those that deny Palestine ever existed are as insane as those that say the holocaust never happened. Arafat couldn't have invented history. Brits were playing both sides and grew tired of the game. The UN got involved and created Israel,which is strange since Israel has ignored the UN ever since.

• Jon M

The term Palestine was coined by the Roman Empire to slight the Jews who lived in Israel when it was conquered. How better to subdue a people if their homeland's name is changed. Their sense of identity is essentially destroyed.

Oh, you're one of those people who is smarter than I am. I like the question though. I find it very thought provoking. I wish I had an intelligent answer, but sadly, I do not.

This is jewish propaganda