What's with the stereotype that Brazilian women are beautiful?

Because I'm sorry, but all the Brazilians that I have met are ugly or plain looking... and I know a lot of them. Mainly since I lived in Miami and Miami is like an open gate to all those who are from Latin countries. I've never met an attractive Brazilian.

Middle Eastern women now, are normally beautiful.

Favorite Answer

The stereotype comes from the media which portrays them that way. Brazil is often depicted as exotic and tropical, and images of Brazil usually consist of beaches, where they will take pictures of scantily dressed women, who they deem as attractive.

Also, things like the Miss Universe pageants that have a strong bias in favor of Latinas keep such stereotypes alive by telling Americans that they are most beautiful.

Notice however, that native women are never the "beautiful" ones. The "Latinas" that are so popular are always the white ones. The dark skinned women who actually look Hispanic/Latina are never placed among the white latinas.

• poet1b

I don't think that the current fad is based on looks, but more of a belief in a perceived performance. There are beautiful women all around the world.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have met attractive women from all cultures. Sometimes they were pretty because they did not stereotype, were good people, and would never make comments about another race.

Because most men just look at the bodies, they don't look at faces. And Latin women always wear revealing clothes. Middle Eastern Women are beautiful or not nobody know because they all cover up...

im afraid you have never met an attractive brazilian woman becuase they are all in brazil. in brazil there are more single women than men hence if they are not naturally beautiful then they work twice as hard on there appearance and body in order to attract a man. but when they leave brazil they dont have to try as hard and let it all hang out!!!!

another cause may be that most people when they go to brazil go to rio and hang out at ipanema beach where all of rios beautiful people go and they only see a fraction of the brazillian population hence the stereotype.

They are always seen in bikinis, anyone in a bikini can look more attractive. I've been to Brazil and believe it or not, there are hardly any fat people there. So women in bikinis and all slim will make them out to be beauties.

Brazillian is just one of the nationalties that americans say are beautiful because a lot of americans like exotic looking women/people. I cant say for other cultures

the only women i know of that are Brazillian and "beautiful" are the supermodels Giselle Bundchen and Ana Barros.

i guess its all in the genes and a generalisation that because 2 women are brazillian and hot, the rest of them are too.

Let's play "Name The Asker's Ethnicity"

Where do you think the stereotype of beautifull American women 40+ years ago came from ? From the beautifull American women, duh. Sadly most whorship a combination of Oprah and twinkies thesedays, turning them into the wales they are and effectively destroying the reputation of American women and wifes as one of the worlds most desirable.

In comparison in Brazil you see lots of women who keep in shape care about appearance and oftentimes their inner beauty matches their outer beauty.