Manual
Manual asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Primerica - scam or not ??

Recently had a Primerica rep do an FNA for us, they want us to cash in our whole life & buy their higher $ term, take their higher rate refi loan with less $ out, and it seems recruiting the customer into Primerica is their top priority. Every three minutes we were being told that the only reason he was doing all this was to help people. The rep did not seem very professional & was not knowledgeable about anything not connected to Primerica. It felt the #'s were being juggled the way a car dealer does instead of getting financial help. Any feedback?

Best Answer

I learned first hand, thankfully without suffering loss, that it is a scam. It is designed as a legitimate employment opportunity, but as they say, the Devil is in the Details. When you are hired on to a starting position [the only position available], you are an independent contractor. You do not have available to you any income that you do not generate from commissions after passing the training phase. Also, while in the training phase you are either purchasing your training materials or incurring debt within the office that you are going to be working off later. The latter is not very likely as most people do not make it that far anyway. Is why you will always see them hiring. It seems that they are much like a pyramid plan, they higher you are in the chain is going to depend on how many people you recruit or are appointed to you. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!

I think it's some kind of scheme to. I went to an interview thinking it would be intresting, all they talked about was profit and how important it was to HELP people from financial problems. In order for you to work they wanted me to pay them $200 for classes and crap, I told them to screw themselves, if I had the money I wouldn't be looking for work. Everytime you post your resume online they call and tell you that your area of interest or study is a waste aof time. I think they are a scheme. They really are not knowledgeable of anything outside Primerica. I know I might be off subject it just doesn't seem right the way they go about doing business.

I was recruited to be a rep for them and fell victim to it...I went to meetings and trainings and such...To me it does seem fishy and would not be worth my time every again nor my business...They only way they make money is if they push you into buying their loans and get out of debt solutions...but its nothing more than any person with common sense would know so why do you need to pay a guy thats in his 20's to tell you.. Don't DO IT!!

are you talking about citisolutions??? It is part of Primerica. I don't think it is overtly illegal but I do know that it can be classified as a pyramid endeavour and thus may be viewed as illegal.

its a scam its a scam its a scam