Genetics Survey on eye colors for a project in class. Please answer if you can.?

If you have green eyes and your partner blue (or you have blue and your partner green) what color eyes do your children have?

I'm looking for answers from parents where one parent has blue eyes and one parent has green eyes. What color did your childrens eyes end up being?

• V™
    Favorite Answer

My Dad has green and my Mom has blue and I have green.

Ok, I'm not married or have kids, but we did genetics at the start of this year in science.It depends on which is the dominant gene. Let's say the blue is represented by a 'b' and the brown 'B'. If the child has heterozygous genes (meaning one of both brown and blue) the child will always have the dominant colour eyes. The dominant colour is brown in this mix. The dominant gene must be represented with a capital letter and the recessive (i think that could be wrong-becasue i think i've muddled up the term 'recessive' gene with another term) with a lower case letter. This mix would be shown as Bb. The only time someone is able to have this recessive eye colour is if both the parents have the same colour eyes. This is referred to as 'homozygous.' So if both parents have brown eyes (the dominant colour) the child will have brown eyes for sure. If the child's parents have both blue eyes then the child will certainly have blue eyes. However if one parent has brown eyes and the other blue, then the child must have brown eyes as brown is the dominant colour. Hope that explains it. Sorry it's so long.

Source(s): School work.
  • suero

Eye shade is blue/eco-friendly/gray it adjustments shade very own that is very own clearly so thats why that is 3 diverse hues i placed Hair shade is golden blonde and and gentle-weight brown i'm precise exceeded

could be either.. i htink blue is prominant over green usually though