Who should be the University of Michigan's next football head coach?

After the loss to Appalachian State, the University of Michigan's football program has gone down hill. Who could restore glory back to Ann Arbor?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Brian Kelly - Cincinnati (michigan ties/innovator) Led Grand Valley State to a pair of Championships, took over a poor Central Michigan Team and made them respectable/exciting. Heck just last night His Bearcats dismantled Oregon State.

2. Greg Shiano - Rutgers (innovator)

3. Bronco Mendenhall - BYU (innovator/traditionalist)

4. Steve Sarkisian - USC (innovator-but lacks HC experience, i think he will be a great HC someday, but i don't think UM will hand over the reigns to someone without HC exp)

5. Bob Petrino (no way he leaves ATL after one season but you never know...)

that being said, I am a huge Carr fan and season ticket holder for about 15 yrs now and sometimes his lack of risk taking is irritating. I am getting sick and tired of being dismantled in bowl games (USC x 2, Texas, Tennesee, Nebraska) i think he is a great football coach, leader of men and roll model, but i beleived that he was going to retire at seasons end anyway, so time to start the search. To coach Carr - Love ya and will stick with ya until the day you step down no matter how long that is.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For one, Pat White wants to prove he can be an NFL QB- I think Stewart was listening to his star player and thought it wouldn't hurt to try it. It didn't work, but at least he showed to his players that he listens to them- that's a credibility builder. D!ckRod will always have some sort of stigma about him. He isn't a "Michigan Guy" like almost every other coach they've had in the past 100 years. He was hired in part thanks to a search firm, he brings in a totally different philosophy, and he kind of rubs people the wrong way. The guy's going to need to win a few National Championships (while compiling a similar record to Jim Tressell in the OSU-UM game) before he's ever truly accepted- at least on par with Lloyd Carr. If these allegations are proved to be true- he's going to have an even tougher road to get there- IF he survives that coupled with another sub- .500 season. As far as the rules go- they are what they are. Sacrifice isn't about abusing these kids. Those rules were put in place so that they can be what they are- STUDENT-athletes. If over half their day is spent on the practice field, how are they going to keep up with their other obligations? If he broke the rules, he should pay the price- just like any other program.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dude you guys still have glory. You lost to a team that has played far more games then any Division I A team to win a chammpionship and they have won it twice in a row. I know it looks bad but dude they pulled off a upset. It isn't the end of the world. If it was on the road it wouldn't be as big a deal. Michigan is still a power in college football. Just means you guys may have to wait awhile to win another national title though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not a Michigan fan, but Carr is one of the best coaches in football. You guys are idiots for calling for his head! He won a title for them which is more than anybody else has done there in about a gazillion years! Lighten up!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Whomever it is, it will be a Michigan Alum based on previous coaches.

Maybe Jim Harbaugh can be persuaded even tho he's out West currently.

• 1 decade ago

Steve Sarkisian...O-Cord USC. He would bring great experience and a shot of youth to Mich. He would recruit in great speed,which is badly needed,not only in Mich,but the rest of the BigTen. It would help to land some of that talent out of Cal. as well as cementing a foot hold in their area. I'm not a Mich fan or USC...but I think that move would be great.

• 1 decade ago

jjeff tedford!

to everyone say it is one loss. it is not one loss it has been many losses in bowl games the pass few years. loyd carr was a great coach. but now its time for a new coach.

• 1 decade ago

How has the program gone downhill after the loss. They played Saturday.

• 1 decade ago

Michael Vick or OJ Simpson, both stand-up guys who could restore the program!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.