METS FANS ONLY......why dont we retire these numbers already?

- Keith Hernadez

- Darryl Stawberry

- Mookie Wilson

- Dwight Gooden

- and WE REALLY NEED TO RETIRE MIKE PIAZZAS NUMBER 31 anyone agree..............................................................

i mean all we got is tom seaver, gil hodges and casey stengal i mean thats living to muchin the past look at he yankees with like 20 numbers retired jst my opinion id love to her yours

Favorite Answer

You cant retire Piazzas number untill he retires. But, I think they should retire his number

Keith - NO. He olny spent 7 seasons as a Met. He spent 10 others with different teams.

Mookie Wilson - Didnt have good enough career.

Darryl Stawberry - No.

Dwight Gooden - Yes.

• J-Far

Hold on a second here buddy.

First of all, when Mike Piazza retires and goes into the hall of fame as a Met, #31 will be retired.

Mookie, Darryl and Gooden will never have their Mets numbers retired. The reasons being they didnt spend enough time and do enough (regardless of the 86 series) to deserve to have their numbers retired.

I'm on the fence with Hernandez, as he was the leader and captain and the main reason that team had its huge turnaround in the 80's.

Piazza a rent a player for a short time. No

others yes.

And most importatn Willie Mays. He came back to NY

I know you are a babe, but he was such a wonderful player in the game and with the Mets. So many skills and talent.

• SWAT

I Agree, "Ya Gotta Believe" We'll See Someting In That Direction In The Near Future.

you have to retire Strawberry's # if no one else's. I think he has hit the second most HR all time in Mets history to Piazza.