Anonymous

Any autistics who want to be cured of their autism,besides me?

I believe at least a few would like to be cured,at least to the extant that so they can live out more independent,happier,fuller lives.Wether someone might bel there do need help in the meantime , so they can at least be able to feed themselves,dress for themselves,drive a car,pay bill,ect..Since Mommy and Daddy aren't going to be around forever to take care of their children U know,so, i think that much ought to be done for them to say the least!

R U serious mamdi I

• Feivel
    Favorite Answer

Wow that is a hornets nest. Look at Marty Murphy and Lillie Willey ( I might have that name wrong). They spoke up for cures and people called them Nazi's and signed petitions against them.

Those with HFA have never dealt with a severely autistic child and so they do not want to be changed. Those with a severely autistic child would like a cure.

My brother has autism. I would like him to be cured because it would help him but I love him regardless.

The "Oh we are so happy we have autism" seem to be led by people like Janet Bain from Ooops Wrong Planet Syndrome who is a fraud and the woman from neurodiversity who is an anti-semite to say the least. Stephen Shore also leads the way. I mean, they have confrences to say how happy they are to have autism. Most are "self diagnosed" which makes me laugh so hard.

If you knew my bother you would know why my family would like a cure but we love him and he adds much to our family just as he is. I just think if he were not autistic his life would be better.

You wrote your question. You are obviously not a person with autism who needs to be fed, dressed, driven about, etc. I doubt you need yoru parents to take of you.

Learn to accept yourself as you are and become the best you can be with the qualities you have.

Recent research demonstrated that older parents are more likely to have children with autism. That indicates that there is something geentic about autism - it is not something that happens after a child is born. That means there is probably very little taht can bedone after you are born. Prevention will have to be the goal.

They need to find a Cure I know they will I think Living more Independent Lives depends on how you are taught from yourself you see You need to overcome your Obstacles and Autism is an Obstacle that need to be Overcome.

Autistics deserve understanding, respect and dignity.

Far more than "cures" or pity.

Being autistic, I would hope this mattered to you as well.

my little brother has mild autism,which he's handling quite well. he's normal but it takes him longer to learn something it'll take me like 40mins to learn. when both my parents pass away i plan on caring for my bro no matter what.im still gonna have a life but it gives me a purpose as well.

I am not autistic; but I'm sure everyone wants a cure! Scientists are constantly working on treatments.

I THINK YOUR NOT AUTISTIC AT ALL.YOU WROTE THAT AND REGISTERED HERE.SERIOUSLY HOW CAN YOU SAY YOUR AUTISTIC?WHATEVER IT IS THATYOUR NOT TELLING IM JUST GONNA SAY THAT AUTISM HAS NO CURE

thats a nice statement you wrote there....for an autistic guy!!