any advice on a nail polish that doesn't chip?

Favorite Answer

These nail polishes are the best.

Rimmel Lycra Wear nail polish is awesome since the enamel has lycra in it (which is the stretchy stuff in your swimsuit), so it's flexible and it bends instead of chipping. It's about 3 dollars.

Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Color is also awesome. They say it has calcium and microminerals that help strenghten your nails and prevent fading.

---

Other nail polishes might chip or have those air bubbles because you didn't cap it on tightly. Make sure you do that so you can keep the enamel in top condition.

You should also put 2-3 layers and a top coat to prevent fading. Also, put on a base coat so your nails will be healthy and won't turn yellow due to the nail polish.

Kelly

I think all nail polish eventually chips. I think you get better results when you do a couple of coats plus a clear protective coat on top.

• q&a_08

sally hansen diamond strength nail polish is made to be stronger than usual polishes and therefore not chip. for any nail polish, putting a clear top coat over it will prevent chipping and make it appear shiny.

In my perspective the thin and cheap nail polishes chip the most. I think to get a nailpolish that doesn't chip you should pick out a nice well known brand (doesn't really matter) but paint a clear/ seethrough layer over them! Works for me. good luck.

I like revlon. If you get the Double Twist base/top coat it lasts for days.