What Happened to Huey Lewis & The News???

Why did he stop making songs?

Update:

Somebody needs to revive him!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Huey Lewis & the News continues to tour to this day; however, the lineup has changed significantly since the band's heyday. Mario Cipollina left the band shortly after 1994's Four Chords and Several Years Ago album and tour. His replacement since that time has been bassist John Pierce. The Tower of Power, which served as the band's horn section from the early 80's, also ceased their work with the band in 1994. Marvin McFadden, Ron Stallings, and Rob Sudduth have joined the group in their place. In early 2000, Chris Hayes decided to leave "The News" to spend more time with his growing family, though he performed on their 2001 album "Plan B," as much of it had been laid out before he left. Afterwards, Stef Burns replaced him, although guitarist Tal Morris has also filled in when Stef has had to leave due to other commitments. Chris has occasionally appeared with the band when playing in the San Francisco Bay Area and is known to play some shows with other performers and friends in the San Francisco area.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What Happened to Huey Lewis & The News???

Why did he stop making songs?

Source(s): happened huey lewis news: https://biturl.im/7RL6E
  • 1 decade ago

I'm not sure exactly why they stopped. Maybe you should google The band name and then "official site" to find out. I know that they just played in Northern Arizona about a year ago, so apparently they are still touring to some extent.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

They took Doc Brown's DeLorean for a spin. The last known sighting of them was somewhere around 1879.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i think they were of there time like back to the future i watched the second one last night brill. you might as well want peter cetera (karate kid theme tune) to come back

• 1 decade ago

Very little.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.