Does it seem like there's a new Republican scandal every week?

http://senate2008guru.blogspot.com/2007/08/republi...

This is not my list, but someone else has compiled the list at the above link that makes it appear that there is a Republican scandal every week of 2007.

January 23, 2007: Republican radio personality Scott Eller Cortelyou of Denver arrested on suspicion of using the Internet to lure a child into a sexual relationship

January 29, 2007: Republican former Jefferson County, Colorado, Treasurer Mark Paschall indicted on two felony charges "in connection with an allegation that Paschall solicited a kickback from a bonus he awarded one of his employees"

January 31, 2007: Republican Congressman Gary Miller is named by Republicans as ranking member of oversight subcommittee of House Financial Services Committee despite the FBI's investigation into his land deals

Update:

February 14, 2007: Major Republican fundraiser Brent Wilkes and former CIA executive director Kyle "Dusty" Foggo are indicted by a grandy jury for corrupting CIA contracts

February 16, 2007: Major Republican donor Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari, aka Michael Mixon, is indicted in federal court on charges of providing material support to terrorists

March 5, 2007: Ethics complaint filed against Republican Senator Pete Domenici for his role in the Attorney Purge scandal

March 6, 2007: I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney found guilty of obstruction of justice and perjury

March 8, 2007: Republican former U.S. Congressman and Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich admits to extramarital affair

March 23, 2007: Former Deputy Interior Secretary J. Steven Griles, an oil and gas lobbyist who became an architect of George W. Bush's energy policies, pleads guilty to obstructing justice by lying to a Senate committee

Update 2:

March 27, 2007: Ronald Reagan's budget director, David Stockman, "indicted on charges of defrauding investors and banks of $1.6 billion while chairman of Collins & Aikman Corp., an auto parts maker that collapsed days after he quit"

March 28, 2007: Robert Vellanoweth, a Republican activist and appointee of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, is arrested on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter and felony driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, after a crash that killed three adults and one child

April 18, 2007: The FBI raids the home of Republican Congressman John Doolittle, investigating his ties to Jack Abramoff

April 19, 2007: The FBI raids a business tied to the family of Republican Congressman Rick Renzi, as part of an investigation into his business dealings

April 23, 2007: The FBI questions Republican Congressman Tom Feeney about his dealings with Jack Abramoff

Update 3:

April 23, 2007: Federal auditors find repeat violations of federal election law from the 2004 Senate campaign of Republican Senator Mel Martinez

April 26, 2007: David Huckabee, son of Republican Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, is arrested at an Arkansas airport after a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage

May 4, 2007: Bruce Weyhrauch and Pete Kott, former Alaska state Republican legislators, were arrested and accused of soliciting and accepting bribes from the corrupt VECO Corporation

May 4, 2007: Republican state Assemblyman Michael Cole is censured and stripped of his leadership position after the married father of two spent the night at a 21-year-old intern's apartment

May 11, 2007: A field coordinator for Republican Congressman Patrick McHenry is indicted for voter fraud in North Carolina

Update 4:

May 12, 2007: NBC News breaks the story that the FBI is investigating Republican Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons for suspicion of accepting bribes in exchange for securing government contracts

May 15, 2007: Connecticut Republican Party Chairman Chris Healy is arrested for drunk driving (he pled no contest on June 1, but didn't publicly disclose the event until June 11)

May 18, 2007: Republican former South Dakota State Representative Ted Klaudt is charged with eight counts of second-degree rape, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, one count of sexual contact with a child younger than 16, two counts of witness tampering and one count of stalking against two foster children in his care

Update 5:

Ah well, you get the idea...

I see they listed Craig twice - that doesn't seem to count.... Course, they left off the triple murder/suicide in Orlando that seems to involve republicans and gay prostitutes...

Update 6:

YEAH GENNTRI --- HILLARY IS NO DEMOCRAT, THAT'S FOR SURE. She belongs 15 years now to a right wing Christian prayer group called The Fellowship. She tried to keep the insurance companies involved in her health care 'reform' and she VOTED FOR THIS ILLEGAL, DESPICABLE WAR because she lacked the courage to stand up. Or, because she truly is one of them.....

So, what do we do?

Update 7:

CAJUN GIRL - PLEASE FIND AND POST!!!! HANNITY IS A BIG FAT LIAR, THO, SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK A FEW JUST TO MAKE SURE....

Update 8:

FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE IN DENIAL, SAYING DEMOCRAT SCANDALS GET GLOSSED OVER, DOESN'T ANYONE HERE REMEMBER ALL BILL AND MONICA, ALL THE TIME, FOR A YEAR!!!!! AND SIX SOLID YEARS OF WHITEWATER, FILEGATE, TRAVEL OFFICE GATE, YADDA YADDA YADDA....

Update 9:

GENNTRI - another reason we homeschool!

Update 10:

Well heart and troll ----

No evidence that Frank ran a brothel. Nice lie, tho.

Murtha's words on Haditha are being sickeningly confirmed by the court martial trials.... Truth hurts, eh?

Kennedy left the scene of Kopekne's death, yes - do you have to go back more than 30 years to come up with something???

Alcee Hastings, jefferson, score. Two over several years....

Culture of Corruption and Hypocrisy

14 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask William Jefferson about his bribe money.

Or John Murtha about his libelous Haditha claims.

Or Ted Kennedy about leaving the scene of an accident.

Or Harry Reid about phony land deals.

Or Alcee Hastings about getting impeached.

Or Barny Frank about running brothels.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

right now it is the Republicans turn to have the scandals, it will go back to the Democrats when and if a Democrat gets in the White House as pres.

I am an independent and I cannot stand either party. The 800lb gorilla in the room for both parties is that this countries infrastructure is slowly collapsing and yet none of the candidates really say anything about this, why? Why is Rudy still thumping his chest about what he did on 9/11 and saying look at me, if you don't elect me the terrorists will win.....Hillary and the Dems appear to be in high school still and have formed cliques and call each other names....so who needs crap like this in office?

The Dems took over the House and Senate and for W. its pretty much business as usual as he is getting what he wants, Nancy Pelosi to me is nothing more than a damn hypocrite when she said that things were going to change and what? She has pretty much bent herself willing over the table and allowed W. to have his way.

• 1 decade ago

A list just as long as this one was compiled by Shaun Hannity naming all of the lewd acts that DEMOCRATIC officials have been charged with withing the last few years =) You just don't hear about the Dems. because their misconduct gets glossed over.

P.S. - btw I'm not a republican; I'm actually an independent...

Here's a list of SOME of the democratic scandals...not even all, and it's twice as long as the list you provided....and this doesn't even include the ones that Hannity mentioned: http://boycottliberalism.com/scandals.ht...

Here's more:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1889889/p...

http://www.dummocrats.com/archives/001047.php

http://bodegabay.blogs.com/north_coast_curmudgeon/...

• 1 decade ago

Makes ya wonder who is who when repubs seem to be out to get that dragon Lady Hillary elected Huh?

and here we are still taught in school that it is a two party system

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rusty
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Democrats are better at keeping theirs hidden. They are all corrupt(with the exception of MAYBE 1 or 2.) I say we elect Adam Sandler as president. He may not get anything done but man at the news clips.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

and bill still ran the country better than bush - even with all the scandal around him. he never lied and it was none of my business who he 'smoked cigars' with in the first place!

it's all politics and unless people are given all information and true information they cannot vote their personal 'right' way. no one was given true and all information to give a true vote. and that would be thanks to bush.

• 1 decade ago

I wonder why nobody votes for Republicans anymore.

• 1 decade ago

Sure does. Hey, check out these DEMOCRAT scandals..........

http://boycottliberalism.com/Scandals.htm

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the republicans should stop letting the Democrats infiltrate the party.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ha ha ha! I like The Minuteman's list better: it's so long!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.