alternative medicine for seasonal allergies?

I started having stuffy nose due to my seasonal allergies.This time I really want to treat it without medications and try alternative medicine.Do you have any suggestions for any natural treatment that worked for you?

Thank you all in advance

Favorite Answer

Homeopathic Treatment for Hayfever / Seasonal Allergies :-

Sudden; after exposure to dry, cold wind. Aconite Nap 30, 1/2 hourly

Coryza with violent sneezing; localised tingling in the throat Sabadilla 30, 2 hourly

Thin, watery discharge from nose with irritation and violent, painful sneezing; restlessness and unquenchable thirst Arsenic Album 30, 3 hourly

Watering of nose and eyes, intense sneezing; soreness of lips and nostrils; worse indoors, morning; better in open air Allium Cepa 30, 2 hourly

Violent sneezing, bland discharge from nose but discharge from eyes burn; worse in open air Euphrasia 30, 4 hourly

Violent sneezing, running of nose in the morning; excoriating discharge; eyes feel hot and heavy; aching all over the body; loss of thirst; limbs heavy; better after passing urine Gelsemium 30, 4 hourly

Patient chilly and irritable; irritation in nose, eyes and face; violent spells of sneezing; nose stuffed at night Nux Vomica 30, 4 hourly

Patient sensitive to cold; chronic catarrh Psorinum 200 or 1M, once weekly (3 Doses)

Constant sneezing; nose stuffed up or running of nose and eyes; worse in open air, damp, being chilled when hot Dulcamara 30 or 200, 4 hourly

Nose stuffed; sneezing; worse at night; pricking in nose with desire to bore into nostrils or watering of nose profusely making nostrils raw and sore Arum Triph 30, 4 hourly.

Take the remedy which is similar to your symptoms. No side effects or complications if taken as directed, please do not exceed the given dosage and under any circumstances do not try to mix any remedies and avoid Chocolates, Mints, Coffee, Red Meat, Alcoholic and Carbonated drinks, Spicy Rich Food while taking any Homeopathic remedies, and keep the medicines away from direct sunlight, heat strong smells and perfumes and do not store them in the fridge.

Curing without any side effects or Complications Thats the Beauty of Homeopathic Medicine.

Foe More Homeopathic remedies for other Common Allergies please read this :- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjaFb...

Take Care and God Bless You !

Source(s): HOMŒOPATHIC PRACTITIONER

I've tried numerous different dietary supplements but the one that has worked for me is Histamine Blend, SP-33 by Solaray. You can find it in health food stores or from online health food/supplement retailers. I have recommended it to at least thirty people and it has worked for every one of them, even though who say they've 'tried everything' and 'nothing works'. It contains montomorillonite clay (safe to eat) which absorbs this histimes your body releases before they can cause a reaction (runny nose, watery eyes, sniffles, etc). In essense, it doesn't treat, it prevents the symptoms.

There is a product called OPC-3 that will help you. It is a natural plant based supplement that is in isotonic form. I can share many testimonies with you from other allergy sufferers who have tried this product and would gladly recommend it again and again. Please let me know if you are interested in this supplement and/or the testimonies.

Raw, local honey from your local beekeepers association has worked for me, my son, and more than 2 dozen people I've told.

I have it in my tea, and on my oatmeal. I have about 2 tablespoons a day.

I know that "Silky Scents" has essential oils & organic essential oils, and they have a free recipe section. You'll probably be able to find all the information there. Plus they have the pictures of each plant. You can google their name to find them online.

• mhiaa

Two teaspoons of locally made honey a day works wonders. It will help boost your immunity. Believe it or not, when mine used to get really bad - a chiropractor!