Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Where can I find specific case briefs for Old English property law (in the 1700s)?

I am a first year law student currently in a property class. I like to print out case briefs for a supplement to my reading. I have both Lexis Nexis and West Law subscriptions. However neither one of them allow me to print out many of the really old cases that have to do with property law). An example of such case is Pierson v. Post (from the queens court). I have the text and my own case brief, but it would be nice to be able to get a professional supplement. Anyone have any ideas on where i can get this?

I am studying in the United States (to clarify)

I'd be lieing if I said I never used wikipedia to help me look up legal questions, however I am looking for a more legitimate source.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

1700's is a long long way from Olde English.

Property law today is not changed much if any from the 1700's in Great Britain.

Wikipedia

He did not exchange the regulations. He fulfilled them. The regulations interior the OT have been given to the Jewish us of a. to not the human beings. They have been element of a covenant or contract between the Jews and Jehovah God. They have been to be his human beings. regrettably they disobeyed and actual rebelled against God. finally they killed God's very own son. by killing God's son they delivered an end to the regulations and the contract that they had with Jehovah. previously Jesus died he made a clean covenant or contract with all his ordinary followers no count what race or us of a they have been. This grew to become into regular first with Jesus' apostles on the night of the final supper. Jesus gave us 2 regulations to stick to. to love God with all your heart, soul and techniques and to love your neighbor as your self. in case you obey those 2 regulations then you certainly does not be breaking any of the others. you have already replied your guy or woman question by posting the verses in Matthew. study those verses returned. a million. He fulfilled the regulations. once you fulfill something then that's complete is it not? You fulfill a freelance ability you accomplished that contract. The regulations have been to be obeyed till the messiah got here. Jesus grew to become into the messiah. be conscious: What does Paul tell the Roman congregation? Rom. 7:6, 7: “now we've been discharged from the regulation, because of the fact we've died to that by which we've been being held quickly . . . What, then, we ought to declare? Is the regulation sin? under no circumstances would that fluctuate into so! truly i does not have come to understand sin if it had not been for the regulation; and, as an occasion, i does not have regular covetousness if the regulation had not reported: ‘you will desire to not covet.’” (right here, at present after writing that Jewish Christians were “discharged from the regulation,” what occasion from the regulation does Paul cite? The 10th Commandment, in this occasion exhibiting that it grew to become into blanketed interior the regulation from which that they were discharged.)

The British library has documentation of this type. You can request any type of academia from them.

Click on this link, hope it helps

http://direct.bl.uk/bld/PlaceOrder.do?UIN=19712504...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson_v._Post

There ya go!

For any other legal stuff, I usually go to Wikipedia and search for "landmark cases". Hope this helps.

Source(s): I'm a Paralegal Instructor