what does the 'star' mean when you have asked a question?

i asked a question yesterday and now my profile is saying one star received, someone gave my a star, whats that for whats the star all about

Update:

oh i see, thanks for letting me know

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

People may star your question, if they find it interesting and want to see the opinions/answers of the answerer's after them. they may give the question a star, and then it will go into their profile on their star list so that they can easily find the question.

You can see who gave you a star by clicking in that "show who starred" button on the right hand side if your page.

The link below may be helpful

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-d8pH0dcoRKeB12yOcnU...

Every time your question receives a star, you do not get any points. If they started giving points out everyone would beg for stars. You can remove or add your star simply by clicking on it, making it in active/inactive. If you give some one a star it doesn't take or add any points.

You can view your or any one else's starred questions by clicking on your/their profile and clicking on the "starred questions" tab.

If your question gets a lot of stars then the yahoo staff may review it and put it in the front page, so lots of people may answer it, then you will have a headache choosing which answer to pick as best!

I hope that helped!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

First of all, the question was NOT asked by an "african american" you made that part up... Second: Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, apologized for referring to the troubled Big Dig construction project in Boston as a "tar baby" during a fundraiser in Ames, Iowa. The term dates back to the 19th century Uncle Remus stories, referring to a doll made of tar that traps Br'er Rabbit. It has become known as a way of describing a sticky mess and has been used as a derogatory term for a black person. BTW: McCain wasn't even aware that the term also has racial connotations, until someone informed him following his speech. "Inquiring minds" would have checked their 'facts'

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

People put a star on the answer when they believe the question would be of interest to others.

• 1 decade ago

I just gave you a star for an interesting question. That's how it works.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • If someone likes your question they put a star on it!

Here have a star from me! lol

• 1 decade ago

people star questions if they think you've asked sonething interesting. then that starred question will appear on the answers page of people on the add list of whoever gave a star.

Unfortunately you don't get points for stars, it's purely for bragging rights.

• 1 decade ago

have another star for asking an interesting question :)

• 1 decade ago

i wasn't sure til i read the answers to ur question so have another star for enlightening me!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

great ur on a roll, keep em coming like theyve said re complimenting etc,original questions and not the repeated ones

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when you get so many stars you win a trip to the moon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.