What happened to the truth of ones self, that spiritual groups are suppose to illuminate?

I have noticed parts of spiritual groups have lost the art of Insight, or Divination or Relavation, or by whatever name it is called by that group. The parts of groups that have lost this art are not even a shadow of their former selves. They have even forgotten what Insight, Divination and Revelation originally... show more I have noticed parts of spiritual groups have lost the art of Insight, or Divination or Relavation, or by whatever name it is called by that group. The parts of groups that have lost this art are not even a shadow of their former selves. They have even forgotten what Insight, Divination and Revelation originally ment. The Divine fire is gone, covered over, the blackness is heavy. I am not asking anyone to change sides and I am not saying that any whole group is wrong. I am asking if anything can be done or should be done? Is it solely up to the indivdual to look into these matters? And what of the teachers?
Update: Cosmicshaktifire: Beautiful! I bow to you.
Update 2: Sunman: I Bow to you also,without your bright light here on R/S I may have not have stayed and left still half blind. Thank You. And ~yes~ she *is*.
Update 3: James: May all pick up their Light Saber, you have showed them where it is and what to cut away........*Bows*