Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

dell computers?

are dell computers any good i'm in the market for a new pc

Favorite Answer

To be quite honest. There isn't much difference between manufactures such as Dell, HP, Compaq, EMachines, etc.

A Intel Processor is a Intel Processor regardless of brand of computer. Same for Hard Drives, Motherboards, Disk Drives.

I have built my own computers in the past. My last one I built lasted 7 years. I bought a Dell about a 16 months ago, 6 months after I bought it the processor burned up. Dell fixed it under warranty after 2 weeks of talking on phone. Then 13 months ago the Seagate Hard Drive crashed. I replaced it myself with a Western Digital (has 3 year warranty).

There is no guarantee or set time frame on the life expectancy of a computer. Even if you make one yourself. But, by making one yourself. You can make sure you are buying new parts and not refurbished ones. I am weary of companies that manufacture PC's for that reason.

Dell is not a bad manufacturer, but you have to keep in mind that certain parts are not readily available everywhere. I personally would go for HP/Compac or simply get a qualified computer technician to assemble a PC according to your needs. I have a Dell desktop and laptop and have experienced difficulties with motherboard and monitor ribbons.

Mine Is It works Great, just buy a security program!