Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Sylvester Croom?

Is that man still coaching just because he is black? I mean really, his record aint worth a damn. When he come in there, everbody was talkin bout how he was going to make a difference. How he was goin to turn them around. He aint done nothing but get dat azz tore up. Mississippi St is famous for being a bunch of racist crackers. Do you think that they are trying to make up for all those years of hatin on black folks by letting this jelly bellied black man keep coaching?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Your the racist, and a huge foul mouth at that.

• 1 decade ago

Before you jump on Croom being a horrible coach wagon, please take into consideration that when he took over the job miss st. had just been put on probation by the NCAA and stripped of 8 (I think) football scholarships for 2 years. So not only is he struggling with the worse team in the SEC and trying to rebuild them by snagging SEC recruits...he also has to explain to any potential recruits that his team will not qualify for any postseason play.

This feat may be something that Oklahoma or Bama (established powerhouses) can overcome quickly, but it may have been too much for any new head coach to handle.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In one post you pretty much say that the American Football establishment is trying to bring the black man down. Now you think that Croom only has a coaching job because he's black. Which side of the fence are you on again?

You are indeed getting dumber by the post. I hope you're not really as ignorant as you seem, the world has enough idiots.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Chill....it has more to do with that little thing called recruiting.

If you can't get the quality players in the first place, no coach is going to win. And the only way to get recruit's tends to be to have a famous name (bet cha half the SEC fans don't know who Croom is), or by winning. That makes it a vicious cycle.

He should probably try to find a way to get the second and third stringers from his rivals to come over by promising them starting jobs...

and all those years hating blck folk was over and done, long before you were even born..............Fool.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How exactly is Miss. State famous for being racist? Gimme some facts! They hired a below par black coach didn't they? That team has hit an all-time low under Croom. Where is Jackie Sherrill when we NEED him?

Source(s): Firelesmiles doesn't know what he is talking about. Read Walter Payton's book. He grew up near there during the supposed racist times of the 60's. He said all that was blown way out of proportion by the Yankee media. He never saw or felt racism. I lived in Biloxi, Natchez, and Southaven, Ms. (in other words - all over the state and there is much less racism there than I saw up north in Wisconsin!) Blacks and whites Bar B Que, go fishing/hunting, play ball together in Mississippi. You won't see that happening in Detroit! P.S. Look at how good friends Mississippi boys Brett Favre and Steve McNair are!!!!!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hate to admit it, but I think this is a pretty good assumption as to why Croom is still at state. I really like the guy as a person, but he is a terrible head coach. Starkville Ms, for those of you who have never been there, is notoriously a very racist area. I think the exact reason that Croom has not been fired yet is because he is black. I am surprised her brain was thinking correctly for a change.

• 1 decade ago

You are an idiot. If a guy comes in and coaches the worst team in thbest conference in the nation how soon do you expect a turn around, dummy? Everytime you post somethin I pray that somebody will finish the 1 report that will get you kicked off again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stop bashing Croom and Miss. St.

His team is terrible now, of course, but he inherited arguably the worst team in the SEC at the time and you just don't improve overnight.

He's not still there because he is black. He's still there because if he doesn't get it done this year, he's out the door anyway.

Source(s): Gypsy...why do you want Sherril back? He oversaw the collapse of Miss State from a top 20 program to the basement of the SEC?
  • So if they keep him because he's black they're a bunch of crackers. Bet if they fired him, you'd be all over them for firing a black man.

• 1 decade ago

I just love black people :)

• 1 decade ago

You're white. As white as the day is long.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.