I need wordings for a candle bridal shower!!!!?

Member since: June 13, 2006

Total points: 128 (Level 1)

Points earned this week:

--% Best answer

I am throwing my sister, the bride, a shower. I want it to be a candle shower. I want some cute poem to go on the invitation to show that candels/ oil burners/ other smelly goods :) . any help??!?!?

FIRST of all , my sister loves candles and fragrance oils . she has an office, a huge house, and many other places she can use them.. (for those who think this is a dumb idea!) It doens't only have to be candles that are brought. Just anything the guest want to. The couple are already have 2 fully stocked households that they are combining plus are having 5 other "household" showers. so please spare me the "she doesn't want/need it" . I knwo my sis and she will love it ! all of those who help wiht my question thanks soo much!

• Blunt
    Favorite Answer

I'm not trying to be negative, but who wants 20 candles as a ashower gift? It will take years to use them all and they do get dusty, discolored and loose their scent after being shleved for a while.

Just a thought

Well, I have searched and searched to try to help you, but I am not coming up with anything. You will have to get creative on your own. This is the only thing that I can think of:

In honor of [sister's name] you are invited

to shower her with candle light

at her bridal shower on

[date]

[place]

[time]

In case people don't "get it", you might have to be more specific.....but I'm not sure how to word that either.

Make sure the invitation has a candle on it also! Good luck! It sounds different and fun!

If she loves candles, I gave my best friend a candle basket with this poem, you may like it.

A basket of candles

In all different colors, for you two to share

The white one burn first

It is wrapped in white lace

To celebrate your first married night

In your new chosen place.

The green pair is taller, and also much thinner

Burn with the first company, you have over for dinner.

The dark blue candle is for after your first fight

Use it to burn while making up all night.

Pink candle sets the mood and pave the way

For your first married Valentine’s Day.

Now, when your first year of marriage is through

The cream anniversary candle, will light for you two.

Red candle aflame, both your futures are bright

Celebrate promotions you’ve worked toward with all of your might.

By this time we hope, maybe, just maybe

You can light the purple one, on the birth of your baby.

And just when you thought you’d put these away

Take the light blue one out-for your fifth anniversary day.

Now just one more left - for the big 2 5

The anniversary candle that will keep your love alive.

Congratulations xxx and xxx

On the start of your forever

May the two of you always be happy together

And burn these candles

Just the way we said

But please don’t forget-blow them out before bed!

Well the question is it going to be something like a Tupperware party but your selling candles instead? If so have been to one of those, You can word it something like this " Come join us in celebrating Sally bridal shower by candle light " Or " Come relax with wax" there are many ways to put it. If your sister like candles you should really look at Partylite candles they burn longer and smell great, I am using them for my wedding (500+) They have a wide variety of scents and unscented in many colors. I hoped I helped, Good luck.

Source(s): Partylite.com

At my cousins shower they did this wonderful candle ceremony,. they gave her different colored sets of candles to burn for different moments in there life. the bridesmaids read a poem and gave teh appropriate color during that colors part in the poem. I am at work now, but if you like the idea, e-mail me at Msteinberg414@yahoo.com and I will give you the poem when I get home

PS the poem below is the one I was talking about

I agree with blunt and what the heck is a candle shower?

I am sure she needs other things like Pots, Pans and Dishes- candles are the least of her worries.

I think it's a cute idea! You know what she wants that's great.

Try

http://www.versethis.com

Source(s): 10/6/07 Bride!