When you had your 1st child were you financially stable? Had suitable accomodation and all that?

Were you in a caravan park at the time?

How did you cope?

Do you know anyone who was in a situation like this?

It might not have been in a caravan park but a small house instead? (maybe not enough room?

How did you cope?

I'm not pregnant but I was wondering about this as were in a small house and thinking about becoming pregnant.

Serious answers only thanx.

I will chose a best answer.

Favorite Answer

I believe that most pregnancies happen when you least expect them. If people all waited until they were financially stable to either have their babies, or for that matter even get married, our population probably would have died out by now.

Both events will usually motivate people to do more and the chips just fall in place.

I've known people who plan it all out and have all the money in the world and yet, still have difficulties and I've known people that were on welfare that eventually got things going and turned out to be just fine.

All 3 of my children were surprises and I began at the age of 18. Even though I am not with their father, my maternal instincts were quite strong and I was able to improve my social state, eventually owning a fine home in the suburbs in which to raise them in. My only regret is that I didn't wait for my true love to have my children with, as children raised with that type of love will usually excel, even though they may not be from a privileged family. The love between the mom and dad nurtures a child tremendously, so my warning is to not let your instinct to have children, impair your judgement, so that you choose a man that is not worthy of you (or maybe just not the right match).

That being said, I believe that my children are amazing, wonderful individuals, in spite of my feelings toward their father. (He must had had some good genes in him!) My opinion is that not having parents that deeply love oneanother is more harmful than having inadequate accommodations. You can always improve on the accommodations, but you can't fake true love.

No one has a crystal ball; nature usually lets us know when the time is right. Once you become a parent, and you experience that miracle of birth, your whole perception of the world changes -- hopefully, for most of us, for the better.

One thing that you will need, however, if you don't feel that you have the proper accommodations to raise a family in, is a good support system.

How you cope is individual -- how do you cope with stress now? You never know -- you could have a child with colic. This is extremely difficult and if you are cramped in a small place, you may find yourself losing it!

My advice to you is to just relax and discuss with your mate. If you love eachother and feel that you would like to have a child together, and are both mature enough to handle caring for the life of a new human being, then things will probably work out just fine.

• Mrs.P

I'm pregnant with my first. To be honest, right now our finances are a bit unstable because we are in a transition period with my husband's job, but we know for certain that we will be able to provide our child with essentials like shelter, food, and clothing. And that's all that matters, really. As for "suitable accomodations" - babies don't need much space, especially at first. We are living in a small apartment with two bedrooms, so there will be a baby room, but the room is currently an office so it's going to be a challenge figuring out how to accomodate all our things in the apartment. But even if the baby did not have his/her own room for the first year or so, there is nothing wrong with that (except that it would inconvenience you). In other cultures, the whole family shares one big room all together. We are trained in this culture to think that we need a lot more than we really do. The way that you cope with a situation that might not be ideal is to think about what a blessing your child is, and be comforted by the fact that your child has everything he/she NEEDS. Good luck with your decision.

• kazz06

When i got pregnant my partner and i both worked and lived in a rented 2 bedroom house however we were house hunting at the time and found and bought a house shortly after i found out i was pregnant we finally completed and moved in when i was 8 and a half months pregnant. My brother lives in a 2 bedrrom flat and their daughter is 5 months old and they seem happy enough. However i have a 4 berth caravan and its great for the the weekend and even a week but i think it would be very difficult to raise a baby in a caravan.

• I am 16 weeks and my husband and I are living in my mum's bungalow. We are financially stable though and choosing to do things this way so that we can save more money before the baby is born. Living in a small house is not going to hurt a baby, especially in the first 12 months or so. Will the baby be able to have it's own room... this isn't essential early on but as your child becomes older it would be for the best. Are you able to provide your child with food, shelter, love and entertainment (doesn't need to be flashy toys... I used to love painting on the footpath with water). I don't think the size of your house is as important as being financially stable. You need to be in a position to provide for you child even when you are taking time off work.

My husband and I chose to wait until we were more financially stable to have a child. We both now have great careers and built our home last November.

We just didn't want to have a baby while we were still living in an apartment...I guess because we knew with all the expenses a baby brings, it would be much more difficult to get into a house.

So long as you can provide your child with a stable enviroment adn lots of unconditional love, and obviously all the essentials that babies need (diapers, food, clothes, crib, etc) you should feel fine about trying to have a child. I just found out that i'm pregnant, and i'm young, fresh outta college, my bf is still in college, I don't even live with him right now, so there are a lot of changes that we are going to need to make to accomodate this child, but I will tell you this, the momment that test turns positive you will be flooded with joy that is the best feeling in the world. Sure there are fears and concerns, but love adn stability are the 2 main things. I wasn't planning this, but since you are, I would sit down with your husband and discuss what is within your means, think about all the things you will need for that lil baby! Best of luck to you!

When I got pregnant I was living on my own in a small apt. I have always been financially independent and stable for myself. After my daughter was born, her father and I moved into a bigger apt. together with her. It was still easy cuz we were splitting expenses. Now that I am single again, it is a lot harder to manage financially, but I am still able to do it. Thank goodness I was always responsible with my money before, it has given me some to fall back on when needed. With kids, it seems you never have enough room in your house for everything! LOL But you find ways to manage.

Source(s): single mom of a 3 yr. old

Listen when it's time for you to start a family it's time. Ready or not here it comes. My husband and I were planning on buying a house next year and then getting pregnant a year later. Well surprise surprise I am 7 months now. We live in an apartment but it's a larger one. But I have tons of friends who have a baby in a one bedroom. They make it work. You find ways. If you both want a little one then by all means make one. If it is meant to be it will happen if not then it will happen when it is. Good luck to you

I was 17, graduating from high school and still living at home. He is 17 now and I think back as to how young and immature and so not ready to have a baby at that point. You have to make sure its the right time for you. Make sure that you can be there financially, mentally, physically and emotionally. Raising kids is hard. You have to be ready in all aspects.

• Kris H

My first child is due in September. We are financially stable and ready for him to be here. We waited to start a family until after we had bought a house and felt like we had enough money.