Subaru Owners??

I am thinking of getting a used Subaru. All of the ones in my price range have 60-80 thousand miles on them. Are Subarus good cars? Do they last and last? I only drive 6 miles per day but, I still want something reliable..what do you think?

I am considering something like a 2000 Legacy

-Thank You :-)

Favorite Answer

I think you will be very happy with a Subaru, especially if you drive in snow during the winter months.

You asked if they last long, let's just say they have a 500,000 mile club.

I am on my second Subaru - The only problem I had with the first car was the the body rusted in a couple of places (the car was 7 years old at the time). My first Subaru I got used and by the time I sold it I had almost 200,000 miles on it.

My WRX I bought new and have not had any problem at all in the 4+ years I've had it.

I would recommend Subarus as good, quality cars.

Subies rock. They are just getting broken in at 80K. Ya it will last for a long time. I got one with close to 300K. Not to mention the AWD, and they get good gas mileage. Dont listen to the other guy about the Toyota.

I just got my daughter a Forester with 90000 miles on it and it is just getting started! They run forever. 200 k is not unusual for a subie. Get the Legacy!

Lexus is better. Or Toyota. Subaru is pretty good. Try getting another car.

I THINK IT WILL BE RELIABLE FOR YOU.