Here Come The Mexican Trucks (Like It or Not!)?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/29/mexico.trucks.ap/...

Yep, the North American Union and the NAFTA Superhighway is right around the corner and it seems that we can do nothing about it because although Congress struck it down 412-3, the DECIDER says "Let em' roll!"

Do you like it or not?

• Ted S
    Best Answer

And the worst part is............Most Americans have never even heard of SPP or NAU. Why? Because most of the meetings that Bush and Co. have had are only covered by select media and the only mainstream media to cover all of this is Lou Dobbs. Does anyone else see the synonym for partnership: union. The Security and Prosperity Partnership is just a nice cloak of saying North American Union. Set to be in full effect by 2010. Don't know about the others who answered, but I'm not going along with this. I already participated in the anti-SPP/NAU protest in Seattle on Aug 17. Guess what, not mainstream media coverage. Who knew...

I am completely against this...Those trucks are very poorly maintained...I also witnessed something I will never forget...My husband drives a truck and I went on a trip with him last year out to California. We stopped at a truck stop and saw a really ragged truck parked a few spaces over from us...as we walked by we saw something fall under the truck...it was human feces...someone reported it and it turned out that about 8 Mexicans were riding in the truck and had cut an opening in the floor board where they "relieved" themselves. EWWWWWW....

Great. Here come another 20 million cockroaches stowed in the cargo.

My BF's plan to move back home to Ireland is starting to sound VERY good right now.

EDIT:

Anti: it's Hoffa's son, Jimmy Jr.

• jean

Once again we are being rolled by a president that sees the future of our country being in the hands of not only the lowest bidder but a foreign country as well.

I think it sucks. This is going to be a nightmare for law enforcement also. The smuggling things in large trucks is very popular.

It is what it is. In about 30 years the USA will no longer exist anyway and the presidency will be run by a board of directors froma number of countries.

Hopefully I will have enough in my 401K by then, my own land and relaible weaponry.

It it my imagination, or did that article quote "Jimmy Hoffa" as the president of the Teamsters?

• sprcpt

Yet another way to ship illegals and terrorists into the country.

Here you go. More information, including a map.

Nope, I'm apposed to this.

Yes, economic integration is the future... we need to understand this... as the world gets more technologically advanced we need to expect that more and more arbitrary borders will become irrelevent...

Saying that there should be arbitrary rules against the movement of goods and people between say, Tiajuana and San Diego, makes about as much sense as saying that there should be check points between Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS! There is a border... and its much better for everybody on both sides of that border that there is no travel restrictions on either side of that border!

If borders and restrictions are so much better than free trade and freedom of movement, then why don't we simply eliminate the federal government altogether, and seperate into 50 seperate nations...

RIGHT, that's foolishness... its way better to be able to travel across the continent without restrictions... to not have to worry about different rules and regulations everytime you cross into another state getting a shipment across the continent...

And these borders are truly arbitrary... I live only minutes from Canada, but there is a border 20 minutes away at which I can be searched head to toe if I choose to cross over... I can be denied entry, and I am required to have special paperwork with me to get across that border... but I could hop in my car right now and drive for two days to get to Los Angeles, and not once would I be subject to search and possibly be turned away... does that make any sense...

I have much more in common with people on the other side of the Detroit River than I do with people in Lousiana... but still Lousianians are my countrymen and Canadians are not... and at the whims of people in Ottawa and Washington I could suddenly be enemies with my neighbors across the river... does that make any sense?

OF COURSE NOT... Borders are arbitrary... we need to work on finding ways to transcend borders... not isolating people on one side or the other of such borders!

And you can give me all the thumbs down you want, but can any of you give me a logical reason why we should shut ourselves off to the world? If you can give me a really good reason I'll be happy to listen to it... but I doubt you can.