What would you need to bring w/you to the dealership in order to buy a used car?

This is my first time gettin a car and I would like to know what are the things I would need to get a used car. I'm tryin to get a 01 Chrysler LHS and I need to know what do I need to bring with me thanks.

Best Answer

down payment

proof of residency in some states

drivers license

proof of insurance

how old r u? hopefully 18+, dealers cant sell minors a car. full coverage insurance, drivers license, check book for down payment. make sure u get gap insurance!!! ask the finance guy or whoever is doing ur paperwork to fully explain what gap insurance is. it shouldnt too much. theyre suppose to offer it to u anyways. references, at least 6 w/ name, address, & phone. if theres a internet special, like a coupon for a car. past 2 pay stubs, utility bill in ur name going to the address ur living at. if theres no utility bill, then ask if u could bring something else like anything that comes to u at that address, like insurance, bank statements, credit card bills, etc. AND most importantly, if u dont know much about cars, bring someone who knows what their looking at!!!!!!

If you are going to finance the car through the dealer you'll need some form of income proof (check stub), your bank account information and drivers license.

Oh and don't forget money.

All you need is to save money and pay cash. No reason to start your life in the "wonderful" land of car payments and debt.

Source(s): Book "Millionaire next door"

Money, check stub from work

Money, ID, good credit, pay stubs.

also, know your credit score upfront....