Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 decade ago

Drivers stuff questions?

Ok I am turning 15 in October. I wanna get my permit. Like how long does that take to get it? And what do I have to do to get it?

Favorite Answer

It depends upon where you are. Each state is different. In Arkansas, where I am, you would need to go to the revenue department, where we get or license plates, and get a book of the driving laws to study.

Then go on the appointed day and time and take a written test. Some people pass the test the first time, but many have to take it 2 or 3 times to pass it. Then after 2 months but before 6 months, go take a driving test with the officer in the car.

You should find out where to start by talking to some of your friends who have done it already, or go where your parents get their license plates and ask questions.

it may be different where you live, not sure. typically all that you have to do is go to the dmv and take a written exam. the only time involved is study time so you know your info.