Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

1/5 Americans cant find the USA on the map?

Or 60 million, what do you think of this?

Update:

A fifth of Americans cant find the country USA on a world map

Update 2:

What are the 'stupid' parts of America?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really really find this hard to believe. They do most of these surveys in the stupid parts of the United States to make us all look bad.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know if this statistic is true, but even ONE that cannot is ridiculous. The education system in this country needs a major overhaul. Here in CA they have this STAR testing nonsense, and I bet World History/Geography are not a big part of it, if at all, so they don't cover it well. But then, the politicians don't like educated masses, too hard to fool.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I think more U.S. Americans need maps. Along with people in Africa and Iraq, because maps are important in helping us find places on maps.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kids are learning nothing at school these days. But at least we have black history month now, who cares if they cant even find their own country on a map?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What map is it on, the map of Atlanta Georgia ?

• ROTFLOL!

Miss south carolina.....that girl is a mess!

• null
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Amazing...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

what?? that does not make any sense....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.