Why do Young Black males in inner cities commit many of the violent crimes?

Please stop blaming it on being poor. Although that may have something to do with it. Young Black men are not the only poor people. Is it just irresponsiblity on the part of blacks?

I will admit I become more frieghtend of Black males than I do of whites males(all of which I have never ever been afraid of in my life) I am am 33 y/o.

It's pretty darn sad when i see a group of black teen boys that look like hip hop wannabes and i cross the street because the many stereotypes there have a great deal of truth in them.

What is the fascination with doing wrong?

Source: Concerned Black Guy in Chicago.

Favorite Answer

Concerned black guy in Chicago, I am a black female from NYC and I personally am approaching a group of males of any race I cross the street.

Now to your question why do they commit so many crimes, honestly, I think it is lack of raising on the part of the parents. I have seen so many parents that don't want to take the time to parent and expect schools and day care to raise their children. They call themselves raising thier children and then go out do various lacivious acts and tell their children "don't do as I do, do as I say", I always believed a good example is the best sermon. Furthermore, these parents are not teaching these children the value of hard work, they don't give thier children a love of reading and education and w/o the above mentioned they aren't to go far in the real world. These parents also neglect to introduce their children to different lifestyles to show them that not everyone lives the way they live and they can do and be whatever they want. When you don't take a child out of that urban environment they tend to lack the necessary social skill to even seek employment much less maintain it. With all that said I feel that these are the reasons why so many of them committ violent crimes because honestly they don't know anything else as a means of financial support. I also want to say that I have been to chicago (and hope to come back for law school *smile*) and many of the young black males in the inner cities ghettos have never even seen the lake front in their own city. They think that it's something that is on t.v. If parents were more responsible in the way they procreated instead of producing a bunch of "accidents" if you will then maybe, just maybe these young men would be more productive.

Source(s): Black Woman who was raised in NYC.

That's the sixty-four dollar question, isn't it. Does the youth propagate the culture or the culture propagate the youth? It's a vicious cycle of one-up-man-ship. If you did this, big deal, I did THIS, oh yeah well I'm gonna do this! It's a combination of lots of things I would imagine. Poverty, societal roles, prejudice, racism, wanting to belong to a group, self value or esteem, fear of failure, fear of success, fear of being exorcized from the group for not being "black" enough.

Who knows, I'm just a white guy from the Mid-West, if I knew how to solve this societal problem I'd write a book, make a million and save the world.

If people are constantly told they are oppressed and will never get anywhere in life and will only end up in prison, they will start believing it and make it come true. It is not possible to leave the 'ghetto' if you carry it around inside you.

Dare to dream.

The rap music tells them it is cool to do it

I doubt you are real. Stop race baiting and maybe take a Sociology course that focuses on Criminality.

same reason trailer ark whites commit most of the crime. boredom, anger, unemployment and lack of money

Thats rich tammy, 'stop generalizing'

Hey princess, check the figures, 70% of pop is white, 70% of sex offenders are white, doesnt work out the same with blacks and jail pop, or murder rates though does it?

People from europe and asia learned how to farm about 10,000 years ago. Additionally, animals that were domesticated were only found in asia and europe....horses, goats, cows, etc. This made it possible for people in these areas to become builders and craftsman as everyone didn't have to hunt and gather. The farmers took care of food production. The poor africans remained hunter/gathers and remain so until this day. They are not suited to modern civilization. The friction this causes gives rise to their violent and anti-social behavior. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do except put up with them, avoid them and lock them up when they break the law. It's too bad the british brought them here as slaves in the first place. They'd be better off if they had stayed in their natruals environs.

I guess its the same thing like when white men want to be serial killers and rape and molest kids....I guess its because they want to!

and young white males don't

It would be so nice if people on yahoo would stop generalizing one race