Wireless connection problems - Local access only, not internet?

I've just bought a new laptop that has Vista as the OS system. I have a BT Hub that I connect to, but everytime I try and access the internet it comes up with an error. However, my desktop PC, PS3 is fine when accessing the web?!. Looking on the connection settings and network it's only down as Local... show more I've just bought a new laptop that has Vista as the OS system. I have a BT Hub that I connect to, but everytime I try and access the internet it comes up with an error. However, my desktop PC, PS3 is fine when accessing the web?!.
Looking on the connection settings and network it's only down as Local access only. It connects to the hub but not the web. I do a diagnose option and Windows corrects it, only sometimes though, so it shows Local Access and Internet. I've tried turning off the hub, looking in settings but can't seem to solve it without having to go through various window options to resolve it. It should connect automatically, right?
The only thing I've done on it so far is to uninstall Norton and download AVG - could this be why it's not connecting? Any help would be great - cheers!