Anna asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

edmonds cookbook cupcake recipe?

hi i was wondering if anyone has the cupcake recipe found in the edmonds cookbook. it would be much apreciated and 10 points to someone who posts it for me! thanks very much

Favorite Answer

Tried and Tested Kitchen: Fail-safe cupcake recipe, via the fabulous Edmonds Cookery Book

125g butter

1 tsp vanilla essence (thank god my mum sent me so many bottles of vanilla extract, unavailable here)

1/2 cup of castor sugar

2 eggs

1 cup plain flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup of milk

How

- Pre-heat oven to 190°c and prepare cupcake trays and cases.

- Beat the butter, vanilla and sugar together until creamy and pale.

- Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Don't worry if it looks like it is starting to separate, in my experience it all turns out the same in the end.

- Sift flour and baking powder into the buttery eggy mix and fold in until combined.

- Slowly stir in milk (too quickly will splash milk everywhere!) to achieve a soft dropping consistency (you might need to add a little more).

- Spoon evenly into paper cases, then bake for 15 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.

- Let cool on a wire rack then ice or decorate as you please.

- Makes about 12 cupcakes

Tips

- This recipe can be doubled, tripled, 1.5'ed, made into tiny cupcakes (just cook for around 10 minutes, they cook very quickly so keep an eye on them), chocolated, lemoned, oranged etc etc.

- For choccy cupcakes (and keeping in mind that these are NOT going to be a super-rich, fudgy type of chocolate cupcake), just replace 3 tablespoons of flour with the same of cocoa and continue as above.

- For orange or lemon cupcakes, add the zest of an orange or lemon to the butter, and continue. Ice appropriately.

- Take the butter out of the fridge well in advance of when you want to use to allow it to come to room temperature. It is SO much easier to work with, and makes the batter quite voluptuous.

Icing

My method of icing is somewhat haphazard, involving as little measuring as possible. Works for me, but I realise some people like things to be a little more specific than ' take a lump of softened butter and mix it with some icing sugar, lemon juice and a bit of hot water'. So here for your edification is the Edmonds butter icing recipe, which is pretty much the basis for how I make up my icing anyway.

100g softened butter

1/4 tsp vanilla essence

2 cups of sifted icing sugar

1 - 2 tablespoons of hot water or lemon juice (a mix of both is what I like)

- Cream butter until light and fluffy.

- Add vanilla and then gradually beat in icing sugar.

- Add sufficient liquid to give a spreading consistency - go slowly, because icing doesn't need much liquid. Many a time I have been left with runny icing and no more icing sugar in the house!

- Spread onto cupcukes with a knife momentarily dipped into hot water.

- Add smarties, flowers or any other sundry assortment of marzipan, chocolate, marshmallow etc etc decorations that your darling child has professed a liking for....

Hope U like it

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipes Cookbook - http://paleocookbook.raiwi.com/?EtBw

2

Source(s): Paleo Recepies eBook http://netint.info/CompletePaleoRecipeGuide

Edmonds Cookbook

Edmonds Cookery Book

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

edmonds cookbook cupcake recipe?

Source(s): edmonds cookbook cupcake recipe: https://biturl.im/rTJ3h

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aU7CR

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true