Why does underside of the lid of my toilet bowl get covered with extreme condensation???

Ok, so all day long, everyday I have to wipe down the underside of the lid of my toilet bowl due to extreme condensation. I have replaced every part in my tank thinking this problem would go away... but nothing. Please somebody help, this is driving me nuts!!!

Update:

A little more info... I am in phoenix arizona and the other toilet in the house does not ever do this.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It is caused by the change in temperature and humidity levels. What part of the country are you in? Get a dehumidifer.

You can also call a plumber and ask over the phone what typically causes this problem, and then decide if you want to pursue a permanent solution.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Temperature differential between the room/tank and the incoming water. I suspect there is a a/c vent near by or the water line is quite warm. I have no idea what to do about this, but I have seen toilet tanks with "sleeves" that match the seat lid and floor mat.

good luck

• cheezy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

when I lived in B.C. had the same problem--lots of condensation & puddles on the floor. I bought this funky tray with sponges made for the toilet to catch the water as it drips off. no more puddles.

• Bonno
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

hot water to tank? hot cold pipes accidentally hooked together. both have happened to me in my career ( building )

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.