Why does underside of the lid of my toilet bowl get covered with extreme condensation???

Ok, so all day long, everyday I have to wipe down the underside of the lid of my toilet bowl due to extreme condensation. I have replaced every part in my tank thinking this problem would go away... but nothing. Please somebody help, this is driving me nuts!!!

A little more info... I am in phoenix arizona and the other toilet in the house does not ever do this.

Best Answer

It is caused by the change in temperature and humidity levels. What part of the country are you in? Get a dehumidifer.

You can also call a plumber and ask over the phone what typically causes this problem, and then decide if you want to pursue a permanent solution.

Good luck!

Temperature differential between the room/tank and the incoming water. I suspect there is a a/c vent near by or the water line is quite warm. I have no idea what to do about this, but I have seen toilet tanks with "sleeves" that match the seat lid and floor mat.

good luck

• cheezy

when I lived in B.C. had the same problem--lots of condensation & puddles on the floor. I bought this funky tray with sponges made for the toilet to catch the water as it drips off. no more puddles.

• Bonno

hot water to tank? hot cold pipes accidentally hooked together. both have happened to me in my career ( building )