cvgm702 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

please have a simple solution!!?

i have two small puppies and they were wrestling in a place that they are not alowed to go into{my computer room} now don't ask me how they got there, just help {they snuck in} anyway, the male pulled my candle warmer on himself in the scuffle, how do i get the wax off with out hurting him??

he has a big chunk on his backside . help!!!

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    take him to the vet.. he can shave the fur off where the wax is and check for burns.

    Wax is hard to get out of carpet.. there are cleaners that help, but I do not think they would be safe to use on a dog. Ice will harden wax so you can chip it, but I doubt your puppy would appreciate that.. to get water warm enough to melt wax would be too warm to bathe the puppy in.

    Be glad it was a candle warmer, and not a lit candle.. it could have been much worse!

  • 1 decade ago

    Cold water will harden the wax so you should try to use warm water (not too hot) and give him a bath trying to get the wax off. If the dog has long fur I would bring him to the vet or groomer and have them help you because there is a good chance you will end up having to shave your dog. The dog should also go to the vet to be checked for burns candle wax is very hot. Please be more careful in the future. Maybe leave the office door open but put up a baby gate.

    Good Luck!!

  • 1 decade ago

    VET Now!!! He needs to get looked at to make sure he did not get damage to his spine when something like that fell on him.

    I know these things happen, so get him to the vet, and keep that door shut.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    there is a candle wax remover that you can buy.. they sell it to get wax out of carpet or whatever... I don't know if it is pet safe. Otherwise shave him.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    You can try goo gone. That seems to work on most anything else so it may work on dogs.

  • 1 decade ago

    you could cut it or put warm water on it

    good luck!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    Call your vet.

  • 1 decade ago

    Cut it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.