The CONFEDERATE Flag.. && SCHOOL....?

Okay I'm a born and raised Southern girl.. & before you get your panties in a wad; I love black people (can't stand ignorant people though), so I'm not racist towards them.

For my 17th birthday my father gave me a car, except it had the confederate flag wrapped on the back window (the whole thing, I don't know what you call them) && someone reported it to the principal a few weeks after I started driving it to school, and she and some officers told me I either had to get rid of the wrap or figure out an alternative to coming to school.

I thought it was total BS! Why shouldn't we be allowed to display our heritage?

^ Do you think the confederate flag should be allowed in school? I wanna know what y'all think, cause maybe I don't understand something.

Favorite Answer

I strongly believe that the Confederate Flag should be allowed in schools. Any other culture that you can think of is allowed to display their heritage and culture. Stopping them violates their rights. The Confederate Flag is a major symbol of Southern Heritage. If you believe that its a racist symbol then you need a history lesson. When people object, riot or whatever the schools need to educate these people about the flags true meaning instead of bowing down to objections that are fed by ignorance. If the school gives you problems then turn around and do the same to them that they are doing to you, pull the race card. make it clear to them that they are racist against the Southern People and the Southern way of life because they truly are if they feel that way. You aren't allowed to stop the other peoples freedoms so they can't stop yours.

i was raised in the south too. The confederate flag displays the negativity of slavery. Even though the flag represents the south. When i was going to school displaying the rebel flag was the fastest way to start a riot. And i did see one happen, thank god the school was on top of that. I am sure the principle was just doing his job. Nothing against you but he has to ensure the safety of all students. Some people take offense.

I belive in freedom of speech. but No matter how hard people try to justify it, the confederate flag will always mean racism to people. whether your intentions are good or bad.

Yes!!!

Just Like Hanging the American Flag Up Side Down!!!

Wahoo!!!

• ?

As long as it doesn't hurt anyone or violate any laws. Sure why not?

LET ME ASK YOU THIS...WHAT WOULD YOUY THINK IF I DRUVE TO SCHOOL WITH A SWASTIKA FLAG ON MY CAR?