why is it that when I key it something to search on the web, it always goes to some advertising site?

when i type in a subject to search, then press enter, yahoo gives me all kinds of sites to go to, however, when I choose one, it automatically goes to an advertising site. I've ran spyware, antivirus, and nothing is detected. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

its a browser hijacker, or it's adware, download spybot search and destroy from http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html

delete temp files,cookies and clear history then

run a scan, then delete all bad file's it finds.

to clear and delete cookies and temp files along with history, look up at tools on your web browser click it then click internet options from that first tab you can delete and clear all 3.

the poster above me had good steps you should follow. As well as running Spy Bot Search and Destroy, you may want to run Adaware, and Tweaknow RegCleaner to clean up your registry. Of of course, if you dont have a firewall and Antivirus you will want to make sure you do. Both can be downloaded for free from AVG Antivirus and Zonealarm Firewall(both have free editions)