How long will cooked bacon last?

My Wife cooked split pea soup and seasoned it with a couple slices of bacon it was then left on the stove over night (approx 7 hours) my house is kept at 72 degrees any chance the soup is still good?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In my house about 2 seconds, that's my favorite.

As to split pea soup, it would probably not be good after being left out a room temperature. It's not the bacon that is the problem, but the peas themselves. Split pea soup does not keep well, even refrigerated a few days at best. I usually keep enough for one meal in the fridge and have that right away, the rest I put up in containers in the freezer for later consumption.

And believe me, you will know if it is spoiled immediately because it has a very putrid rancid smell when it has gone bad.

• 1 decade ago

In the event you decide to risk it, heat the soup up on the stove until its simmering to kill bacteria. It probably isn't rancid or anything but if the bacteria have been working at room temp all night it may give you a belly ache.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely not! Bacteria will start to breed if food is left out more than 2 hours. You take a chance of getting seriously sick. Maybe you can make some more together. It shouldn't be that expensive ;)

• 1 decade ago

i would still eat it, but there is no way that my gf would. There is only one way to find out if it is still good and you know what that is. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

sure....they use leftovers all the time to make repairs on the Space Shuttle !!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would smell it, taste it and than warm it up and eat it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

take a bite see if its good

• 1 decade ago

yea... why ask us... it`s right there unde your nose...smell it.. taste a little bit.. if it taste ok and u don`t feel any changes... its good

• 1 decade ago

why don't you take a bite and see if is good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.