my spectacle power is -0.75?

hello..i am a girl of 14. i wear spectacles of power -0.75

should i wear glasses everytime?? actually my doctor recommended me to wear it everytime.someone told me that the more i wear it ,the more would be the chances of my eyesight getting improved.is it true..?

should i always wear them?? i wear them everytime but i don't know whether i should or not....

on the contrary, someone else told me that i should not wear them all the time as it will make me habitual to it and this will reduce my chances of having an improved eyesight.

you tell me what should i do??

is there any way by which my eyesight can again become 6/6??

any medicine which i can use...

laser treatment is possible after i become 20.....so what do i do..?

THANKS

Favorite Answer

I was myopic too at the age of 14. The reason I became myopic in the first place was because of intense computer usage. I suppose that in your case, some environmental factor was also the cause.

When I went to the eye doctor she also told me to never take the glasses off, that surgery is possible only after you're 20 and all that. I notice that you are quite bothered by glasses and wish to cure yourself.

First of all, -0.75 is a really small diopter (it is the minimum diopter when you can actually notice that you have a problem), you don't really need glasses; you see very well to get along. Also, you can get a driver's licence without having to wear glasses. I can totally assure you that if you do not abuse your eyes (computer,reading,sewing, all the close work things) in some months or earlier you're eyes will be perfect again. This affirmation is based on the biology of the eye: the eye ADAPTS. So if you don't abuse your eyes, your cornea will slowly turn back to its original form. With a such a small diopter you really don't have to worry - if it stays you can live happily with it; and if you take care of your eyes - it goes away by itself. Glasses are NOT needed.

I wore glasses for an year and my diopter increased considerably... I was quite desperate so I started to search and search online. I've found some websites of people that claim to have cured their myopia (at least partially in some serious cases) by wearing plus lenses. I've also found websites saying that minus lenses are a crime to the myopic eye, that they cause dependence and worsen your sight. I was skeptical at the beginning, but I thought that I should try it. And I'm glad I dared to, else I'd still be a frustrated nerd. I'll leave you some links as sources to read all that yourself. I'm not going to bore you with the scientifical explanations.

There's no medicine to cure the eyes, but methods.

Here's what I did to cure my -2.5 myopia:

1-a. I wore a pair of plus glasses for some days. +0.75 or +0.50 glasses would be perfect for you. Dont be afraid to try them; i noticed a sudden improvement of my eye sight after just a few hours, so you'll notice that they do help you. I must say: you only have to wear them indoors, or when you are reading/using the pc. With a diopter as small as yours you should be cured completely if you do this.

1-b. If you have light sensitivity - that is if light bothers you more than it is normal (I had severe one...) this is a way to cure it: Sit facing the sun with your eyes closed for some 5 minutes three times a day. In less than a week, sun shouldn't bother you anymore.

1-c. Do focusing exercises. You can search the net for exercises for your eyes that you can try to restore your eye sight. I've done sone and it helped me a lot. After you learn to focus consciously on what you want to see, the eye will do it automatically just like before you were myopic.

1-d. Your diet is important. To help your eyes it should contain: fish, fresh vegetables, fruits, corn, eggs, peppers, red grapes, bilberries..

1-e. Remember, do NOT abuse your eyes. As i said before, with such a small diopter like yours this can alone cure you completely.

Have patience and dare to take the step to cure yourself. I was afraid too but I tried and I am very happy now because I see perfectly (and i had -2.5).

Sorry for writing so much, I just want to save others from destroying their eyes like I almost had.

• ?

Power Of Spectacles

You can improve your eyesight by simply learning, naturally and practicing the correct way to see for a few small minutes a day.

You can check this method based on a scientific researches :

http://improvevision.toptips.org/

if glasses are worn continuously over time the poor vision will generally become worse. Essentially what glasses do is lock the eyes into their refractive state and in order to see through your lenses you have to maintain the poor vision that the lenses are designed to correct.

"Restore my vision” program you'll be taken by the hand, it shows you how to improve your vision naturally, permanent and complete solution.

Even the American Optometric Association has been forced to admit these things!

I'm sure that you will not regret your decision

I think you should not wear glasses. They will make your eye's more weak.

One of my friend was also tried glasses and now situation is he has more weak eyes.

If you have headache from weak eyes than it's not mean that poor eye sight is the only reason of headache.

It may be the only one of the contributing thing and the main reason is other which is ignored from you.

I have also faced this problem and it will improve automatically by doing maditation.

I think maditation is the best weapon to treat all kind of problems. So try this thing to improve yourself.

I know this reply is too late but it may help other people who is facing this problem.

Learn How To Improve Eyesight!

no u dont need to wear them everyday... i got my eyes checked today and im also -0.75 and the doc said once i pass my driving test i can throw them away... he also recommended i eat healthy balanced diet coz often galz go on diets which weakens their eyes...So relax and only wear them to school when u have to read fom lond distances :-) good luck

I think you've answered your own question... your eye doctor told you to wear your glasses all the time... you should wear your glasses all the time. Why would you listen to "someone else" over your eye doctor?

yes, wearing your glasses will help your eyes, it's much healthier for them to not be strained.

Follow your doctor's orders.