Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Why is the US Government the largest employer of " illegal immigrants " Doesn't that mean the American

Taxpayer is subsidizing their wages ?

Update 2:

It is true !!!!!

You all need to look it up before saying it's not .

Get educated folks , do your homework !!!

You have to search for the truth in this country .

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Well, here’s a shocker. The Washington Times is reporting that there may be yet another reason this administration has refused to enforce our immigration laws, especially our laws that fine employers of illegal aliens. After all, you don’t want to enforce the laws if you are one of the worst offenders, now would you?

If President Bush is serious about getting tough on U.S. employers who hire illegal aliens, he can start with his own administration, which employs thousands of unauthorized workers, says the top Republican on the House immigration subcommittee.

A 2006 audit showed federal, state and local governments are among the biggest employers of the half-million persons in the U.S. illegally using “non-work” Social Security numbers — numbers issued legally, but with specific instructions that the holders are not authorized to work in the U.S.“Let’s clean up our own house, let’s especially clean up the federal employment of all those working for the federal government,” said Rep. Steve King, Iowa Republican and ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee’s immigration subcommittee.

The Social Security Administration used to, but no longer does, issue non-work numbers to legal aliens who were not authorized to work but needed a number to obtain a federal or state benefit or service. Still, hundreds of thousands of those immigrants used the numbers to get a job.

WHAT???

I thought we couldn’t find these people. I thought they were hidden in the ’shadows’.

• Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Anyone that comes to this country legally is welcome, no matter what is the country of origin, but illegals are NOT….. *I l l e g a l s * do NOT pay state and/or federal taxes, and their purchasing power is so low that what they pay in sales taxes is not even enough to pay for the energy that one single traffic light consumes. Pro-illegals say that illegals pay taxes, yeah sure, like illegals are going to tell the state and federal governments *who* they are, and *where* to find them…… *I l l e g a l s * use our schools for the herd of kids they usually have, but they do NOT pay state or federal taxes. *I l l e g a l s * use constantly our hospitals, especially the maternity wards, and because they do NOT have health insurance, then do NOT pay the bills, forcing many hospitals into bankruptcy. If we have to pay with our taxes the medical bills of citizens and legal residents not having health insurance, it's fine, but not for the illegals. *I l l e g a l s * steal our Social Security numbers, our son is going through such problem and it's not fair that it is our son is the one having problems with the IRS instead of the illegal. *I l l e g a l s * do not want to learn English but they are arrogant enough to try to force us to learn Spanish. *I l l e g a l s * cluster in specific areas causing all kind of social and health problems that have to be solved using our tax money. *I l l e g a l s * obtain false drivers licenses but, if they don't understand English, so how the hell are they going to follow the traffic laws. But, more than anything else, they are violating our immigration laws… --------------------------------- The solution is very simple: Focus on the unscrupulous employers who hire illegals: --First time: fine the employer --Second time: temporarily suspend the employer’s permit to operate --Third time: CLOSE the business Once illegals cannot find a job, *they will deport themselves*…… --------------------------------------... Some pro-illegals use the Native Americans as an excuse saying that the rest of us are here illegally, which cannot be more ridiculous: 1. There were NO immigration laws at that time, so no one could violate laws that did NOT exist. 2. It has been proven through DNA that Native American are descendants of Asians that crossed through the Behring Strait into North America, so, in any case, Native Americans are here illegally as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are incorrect. The US Government hires NO illegal immigrants. The people who do are breaking the law themselves and deserve to be punished. The US economy is not set up to give up benefits like health care, educational benefits and judicial benefits to illegals for free. They are a drain on our economy and you are right, the taxpayer is the one paying for their wages. Deport ALL illegal immigrants from any country and punish the employers who chose to use them. There is absolutely no other cost effective way to give back wasted taxpayer dollars in the future.

• 1 decade ago

These people aren't exactly illegal immigrants.. The are legal residents with non work numbers i.e they are allowed to be here but can't work.. Big difference.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps you should rephrase to stae that the Government illegally hire immigrants.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

? Where exactly are you getting "this" information? Major corporations in the US, greedy for high profits and cheap labor may be exploiting these illegals but I doubt "any" illegals are actually working for the U.S. Government.

• To: justanotherjoe, coming from a family of mostly all federal employees, he was probably asked to resign, that's how they work it. To answer the original question, that's not true.They can not hire an illegal. Just because you are saying it, does not make it true.

• jean
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It means the government needs to have audit of all it's employee's. Those who do not believe that the USA is the largest employers of illegals needs to watch Lou Dobbs

• 1 decade ago

They are the largest entity hiring illegals in the USA.

Over 11,000 of them.

Boggles the mind, don't it?

Watch the cnn news, or go to their sight and look it up.

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070823/nation...

• Someone cannot get a government job without showing proof of citizenship. I know, I know, what about the gardeners, they look like.....No! Even they have to show citizenship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.