Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

Tell me something "confidential" in Engineering, please?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Understanding "Dynamic force"-

Using wood to simulate the experiment. Make the model the size of a standard 4 seater square dining table. Make the model heavy- I used heavy shipping pallets to simulate the experiment, sitting an a false bottom floor.

(1) Take 4 stilts and a wooden top, place it on unstable but level ground to form the shape of a table- build upon it another "Table". Make it 5 stories high or more.No bolts no- other fixtures. 25 unfixed peices needed.

(2) Next to it make the same sized structure using not so many modules. Take a flat plate on the bottom, 4 supporting struts, (corners) - and finish off with a wooden plate on Top. I will allow all 4 supporting struts to be fixed with screws or the likes to the top and bottom plate. 6 peices in all- fixed.

(3) Repeat Number one next to number (2) above , but this time build it upside down starting with a flat piece on the ground in where each "leg" are screwed into the bottom plate- at each corner- just like stacking 5 upside down tables on top of each other-In where nothing holds each of the 5 "tables" to each other. 5 solid modules- unfixed to ech other.

Manipulate the ground to simulate an measured "Earthquake" in where all three models feel the effect of such a manipultion equally- Do the experiment 3 times-

Number (2) wins every time- ? Wrong!

Number 3 withstands the "Earthquake" each and every time- while the other models collapse each an every time-

Now convert the experiment to accomodate real buildings-

Result: Earth-quake proof buildings- A Superior engineering application to what's currently avialable.

I'm saying- if a building was made as applied to the said model application at number 3- if such a building was 5 stories high, and the implied "earthquake" was recorderd as being 5 on the Richter scale- the gross 100 percent Dynamic force of the earthquake would be dipersed over the whole building to represent a net applied energy of only 20 % of it's destructive force in total- Thus any value representing 25.1 or less dispersal rate would indicate that all such buildings built in such a manner would withstand a major earth tremor .(Dynamic force versus Inclination threshold to weight ratio- minus gravity.)

Is this something classed as being something New and "Condfidential"-

Or ..? Do you mean "confidential" such as- The Sun releases approximately 1 watt of power per every one square meter of searth surface area- A flower (Plant) is designed by nature and is of a "Perfect design"- made of a perfect world, (Theory of Perfect design) highly developed to absorb the power of the Sun. Introducing "BUD" technology- a device copied of nature the size and shape of a small "Sunflower"- able to collect and produce just under 1 watt of electricity from the Sun- with a life span of each unit of 7.7 years costing under 30 dollars per unit to make-Producing 30 watts per square meter of area- engineered unlike any currently applied Solar cell-

If that's what you meant- Sorry can't give you the working spec's - it's "Confidential".

But I can say this - in a few months- In the middle of summer, I not longer need to pay expensive high amounts of electricty for the use of the costly air conditioner 10 hours per day.

• Bomba
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Red Shift is actually due to the Compton Effect. This is because space is not a vacuum , but is full of "Dark Matter".

Therefore, the Big Bang supposition is in error. Please don't tell anyone; it's confidential.

• 1 decade ago

Isn't that why they call it "confidential"? Try not to sleep thru your ethics class, the engineering community actually takes confidentiality pretty seriously.

• Dr D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Fuel cell technology is already mature enough to be commercialized, but because of the government's links to big oil, they are deliberately slowing down the process.

But shhhh.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.