promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I am having a hard time choosing between a PS3 or A Xbox360?

which system is better a ps3 or xbox360?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The playstation 3. Here are the hard cold facts.

*Cell Processor- The cell processor is an extremely powerful micro processor built of 8 processors (SPE's) and one PPE. This processor is built for extreme amounts of processing and is very useful for multi tasking through artificial intelligence, physics, lighting navigation, etc. The cell processor is much more powerful than the 360's xenon, the xenon has 3 cores. The ps3 has 8 cores (SPE's) and one PPE, and is much more efficient and much more powerful than the xenon.

*RSX GPU- The RSX is a powerful GPU which is specialized to work with the cell processor to render DX10 like graphics by pooling it's RAM.

*Blu Ray- The next generation disc medium which can store up to 50GB (100GB in experimental models) The extra space allows game developers to make large responsive environments, complex artificial intelegance, HD video and audio, etc. without compression.

*Other operating systems- The ps3 can get different operating systems installed, such as Linux, allowing it to be an alternative computer, and you can install many diferent programs.

*Web browser- The ps3 has a decent web browser, which you can go to many different web sites with, it does have basic flash updates, but it does need to be improved upon, including in java, though this can be fixed easily via a firmware upgrade. Many popular sites like myspace and youtube are accessable though.

*Play TV- Pretty much Tivo for your ps3, a tuner that you can record things with. Though it has only been announced to launch in Europe so far.

*Interchangeable hard drive- This pretty much means you can change the size of your hard drive with any hard drive so you can store more things.

*Built in wifi- With the xbox 360 you have to buy a wifi adapter for $100, this comes standard in the PS3.

*Free Online- Self Described.

*Playstation Home- Playstation home is an interactive community of ps3 users where you can play games or meet up with friends and hang out at your virtual home and hang outs, as well as stream live media(releasing in october, and is FREE)

* Games- Many games are coming to the ps3 soon, such as Warhawk, heavenly sword, lair, ratchet and clank, Uncharted, Haze, Unreal tournament 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, etc. Over 300 games will be released by next spring.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • rocio
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Then ask your self those questions. a million. What video games do i want to play. remember some video games are unique, meaning they simply are for one console. for instantaneous mgs 4 is in basic terms on ps3 and halo is in basic terms on xbox 360. 2. The Consoles community. examine what your acquaintances have so which you would be able to play with them on the comparable community. once you play a activity you do no longer use a all console`s community. PS3 have there PSN xbox 360 makes use of xbox stay, so in case you have ps3 and your acquaintances have xbox 360 whether the activity is comparable. you will no longer play on the comparable community. 3. money to spend. it incredibly is critical bc in case you have no longer have been given or you have much less, then you certainly cant purchase it. Plus you elect the money for the activity. With psyou've a loose subscription to the psn yet xbox 360 rates money, specific in psn you have psplus kinda like the xbox. some say its well worth yet i've got not tried it out, wager its own opinion/style. to place it common make an effort and picture what you like/choose, so which you don`t make a mistake and could remorseful approximately it.

• Jeseth
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

If money is no object then go PS3. Its got amazing games and more variety than 360 which tends to focus heavily on FPS games. Go to playstation.com and look at the Heavenly Sword and Lair videos and you'll see what to expect from PS3 and Blu Ray technology!

Good Luck.

• 1 decade ago

if you get the 360 watch out for the red ring of death between 3 of my friends they have had 8 360's because of malfunction overheating etc. i posted a yahoo question to see how common it was and heres what i got in the link section

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ps3 you gett way more better pictures but 360 is cheaper and it isn't way different then ps3 but if you dont care about the price then i would say ps3 but they aren't so different!

• 1 decade ago

not to sound like an *** or anything. but it's nor a hard decision....it's a matter of your own likes. you can't go wrong with either system. i have both, they are both fine machines. it's a matter of what you like more.

• 1 decade ago

it really depend on you...think of what you really like .... think what will grow in the industry and increase in market share and hardware preformance.

• 1 decade ago

360, and now they are even cheaper

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.