Bought a ring stamped 14k on one side and STS on the other. Is it 14k white gold, sterling, stainless steel?

Please help! I need to know becasue I spent $200 dollars on it, and want to know if I got ripped off!

Favorite Answer

STS is Stainless steel and silver mix....BUT! Thats mainly for support, The 14K gold is flemzy and well bend if it has no support....200$ is a normal price...So no worry! Your ok.....

what a punch of know nothing try to sound like they know what they are talking about. STS is a jewelry manufacturer, 14K stands for 58.5% pure gold, 14K gold US or 585 European. simply means you bought a 14K gold ring which was manufactured by SJS company.

All these people are wrong is it 14k pure gold if its not 14k overlay 925 sterling silver

here is the link of the industry who makes the jewelry with the STS Stamp.

http://www.stsjewels.com/aboutus.htm

It sounds like it is 14k gold on top of stainless steel. The ring is probably made of stainless and then they put a thin layer of gold on top to give it color. This is common with less expensive jewelry and watches.

Sts Jewelry

It is STS does NOT stand for stainless steel. STS is a company that specializes in fine jewelry as well as gemstones. Do not believe any other answers you hear. Google it.

It's 14K gold technibonded to sterling silver. I'd return the ring if I were you. You can probably do better at that price.

It's probably gold over stainless steel... Which is ok, it's going to be stronger than just gold.. Gold is very soft and warps easily.. If you still aren't sure take it to a jewler and find out what you have and get it appraised for insurance purposes anyway...

well it matters where you got it.

and try to return it.

200$ for 14k sounds around right but STS i dont think meens stainless steel.

Source(s): BROTHER

No its sterling silver plated with 14k white gold. you got ripped off babe. trust me i watch jtv all the time and i seen somthing like that on there last night. as you are discribing.