How do I download video from my Panasonic camcorder model PV-GS250?

I first tried to download the video to a Mac but that prove impossible. Now I am trying to download to a Windows XP system. This is what I have done so far. I installed all the necessary drivers, for USB and video stream. I also downloaded video capture software called Magic video studio. The computer and... show more I first tried to download the video to a Mac but that prove impossible. Now I am trying to download to a Windows XP system. This is what I have done so far. I installed all the necessary drivers, for USB and video stream. I also downloaded video capture software called Magic video studio.

The computer and software recognize the camera, but I can not get the file on the camera to play. I may all the adjustments to the camera that the manual said to do, i.e. change to web camera. I have no idea what to do next.

By the way the software that came with the camera is not compatible with XP. The camera is a few years old.

Thanks.
2 answers