How do you stop a 6 year old from picking scabs and refusing to wear shoes?

My daughter is constantly picking at scabs from wounds or bug bites and it's turning into a disaster! Not only does she get blood all over her beautiful quilt (which is now stained and starting to come apart after so many washings), my bedding, the couch, papasan chairs, etc, but she also looks a sight! ... show more My daughter is constantly picking at scabs from wounds or bug bites and it's turning into a disaster! Not only does she get blood all over her beautiful quilt (which is now stained and starting to come apart after so many washings), my bedding, the couch, papasan chairs, etc, but she also looks a sight! I'm embarrased to take her out with shorts and short sleeve shirts because she looks like she could come from a dirty home. Not only the picking, but she refuses to wear shoes at home (she will put them on when I tell her to, but only to remove them again as soon as my back is turned). She gets her dirty feet all over our bedding and furniture as well. I have nice, expensive furniture and it's getting ruined. (Plus, I'm afraid she is going to cut her feet or step on something dangerous!) We've fought over this for years, I've tried games, and fun ways to get her to remember, as well as rules and punishment for disobeying (such as time outs or no t.v. for a day). NOTHING works!